Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best phone, text & calls mostly

Options
  • 21-09-2014 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi I have to get new phone as leaving company & they are taking phone back. I'm starting from stratch with new number & looking out for the best deal. I text a lot coverage terrible where I live so not a lot of phone calls & wifi here so not much need for data.
    Can anyone advise/help me as I haven't a clue where to start.
    Btw, I have a samsung mini at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Andso wrote: »
    Hi I have to get new phone as leaving company & they are taking phone back. I'm starting from stratch with new number & looking out for the best deal. I text a lot coverage terrible where I live so not a lot of phone calls & wifi here so not much need for data.
    Can anyone advise/help me as I haven't a clue where to start.
    Btw, I have a samsung mini at the moment
    Unlock your phone and use 48.
    I was in the same boat last month. Changed jobs and lost company phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Andso

Sorry, totally lost here, unlock my phone and use 48???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Andso wrote: »
    Sorry, totally lost here, unlock my phone and use 48???

http://www.48months.ie You can unlock your phone so that it will work with other networks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Get a Moto G 4G and Go with Three for €20 a month.

Free calls to anyone at the weekends and I think after 6 too, free three to three calls, any network texts and 4G for free until November.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

ted1 wrote: »
    Unlock your phone and use 48.

Before or after giving the phone back?
    You don't mention much data use but do mention WiFi. What are you useless data and Internet for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I would check out coverage first, you say its terrible where you live, is it terrible with all networks or maybe it was just the last network you were on.
    If there is a carphone wherehouse near they might know who has good coverage where.

Have to hand back both number and handset to company so literally starting from stratch. Rarely use data on phone, switch to my home wifi when at home.

We are in a very bad area regardless of coverage, I was Vodafone before & work changed to O2 & same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

5870.jpg

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-as-you-go-plans.aspx

Topup €15, and then €10 will be taken away if you want the unlimited sms leaving you with €5

Add-on:
    Unlimited Texts €10.00 Text "OptIn TEXT" to 1744

Advertisement