Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish water charges - children of divorce

Options
  • 21-09-2014 10:57pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I've a question about filling out the Irish Waters form.
    My OH has two children who do not live here, but spend a lot of time here as per the divorce agreement.

Do they have any provision for this (I imagine it's common enough) or will we end up just stumping up for the extra water they use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If its not their main residence chances are no ,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gatling wrote: »
    If its not their main residence chances are no ,

Thought as much thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Stheno wrote: »
    Hi

My OH has two children who do not live here, but spend a lot of time here as per the divorce agreement.

Do they have any provision for this (I imagine it's common enough) or will we end up just stumping up for the extra water they use?

Spoke to Irish Water about this very topic the other day. I have my kids 3 nights a week including every Sunday so they get their pre-school bath at mine.

The rep was very pleasant and polite but basically i am s***e out of luck with regards to claiming any allowance for them, it all goes to their mother.

It was "suggested" that i could ask their mother to contribute to my water bill " if needed"

Owryan wrote: »

It was "suggested" that i could ask their mother to contribute to my water bill " if needed"

Who do you think will ask for a contribution towards there water bill first

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Who do you think will ask for a contribution towards there water bill first

Jesus I never even thought of that!

• Advertisement

Jesus I never even thought of that!

Expect to hear the following regularly repeated

"Do you know how much it costs to wash your children and dont get me started on the clothes that need washing "

well do ya ;)

Expect to hear the following regularly repeated

"Do you know how much it costs to wash your children and dont get me started on the clothes that need washing "

well do ya ;)

He's close to the point they are too old for maintenance thankfully

I swear we will celebrate that day

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hi

The spinster lady from Irish water was on Newstalk this morning and indicated that the allowance will goto the person who receives the child benefit.

I wonder if you were first to register your kids pps numbers and later your X did, would you indeed lose the free allowance.

I dont believe for a minute that they will be cross checking pps numbers with Social welfare as they claim is their only reason for getting the numbers.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

The spinster lady from Irish water was on Newstalk......

Wow, did she indicate her marital status during the interview and is this the 1950s?

Advertisement