Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History of canoeing in Ireland - anyone

Options
  • 21-09-2014 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Right, I am looking into the history of paddling in Ireland. More the overview kind. :-)

Anyone got any suggestions on where to look as old father google is not getting the right vibe tonight and is not very helpful.

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Canoeing Ireland? or maybe some of the bigger clubs that have been established for a while. I think the UCC/Trinity clubs are 30 ish years old and IIRC the UCC one put together a history of the club 3/4 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

It seems a huge area with very little overtly available from a quick trawl on the internet. I have a generic bit written but want to do a bit of an Irish perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cheekymonkey1

the people to talk to would be in (no particular order) jock kelly of kilcullen cc , robin love or tony maher of slcc, paul murphy ex wwkc now in kilkenny, iirc there was a lad back in the day with a surname alexander in the dawn of ld racing from belfast, think he made his own spraydecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

I gave up on this little project but here are the crib notes just in case they might help someone else out.

Advertisement