Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Flash Player

Options
  • 21-09-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I am not too sure if this is the correct forum for this thread so please do move it if needed. Thanks.

I've had this problem with flash player just today. I know there are a lot of bugs and stuff with Chrome and its flash player 'pepSomethingOrOther' and I recently had one of them which is flash videos not playing sound through my 5.1 speakers. I decided to use the flash player plugin that I installed manually from adobe. Worked well all day today. I have a three monitor setup. Earlier, I tried to play two different flash videos on full screen on different monitors. One of the videos goes full screen and when I full screen the other video and click on my center unused monitor, the second video goes out of full screen. I googled a bit and found out it was just because it was a second flash video. I just can't have two flash players full screen at the same time, or so they say. Fine. But my problem now is that even if I play just one and make it full screen, when I click on an unused monitor, it goes out of full screen. I've tried reinstalling the plugin, restarting, disabling extensions, disabling some plugins, and same thing. But when I try to switch back to the ChromePepFlashThingy.dll, it works fine, but again, without the 5.1 speakers.

Sorry about the long post but I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this :) Thanks a lot in advance. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

did you try with IE or FF instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

akamossie wrote: »
    did you try with IE or FF instead?

I just tried it now with FF and it's doing the same. It's going out of full screen when I click on an unused monitor.

can you give me a link or something and i'll try from my end.

can you give me a link or something and i'll try from my end.

Link of what I'm trying to play?

I tried to play anything. YouTube and Twitch. Any of them does the same thing.

i have opened two youtube videos on my screens and all full screen and there was no issue while i was working on the third screen.

my advice is uninstall flash player, chrome. install them again and make sure you graphic card drivers are up to date. and see how you go from there.

• Advertisement

i have opened two youtube videos on my screens and all full screen and there was no issue while i was working on the third screen.

my advice is uninstall flash player, chrome. install them again and make sure you graphic card drivers are up to date. and see how you go from there.

Cool. Never thought about reinstalling chrome. I will do that. And the graphic card drivers too. Thanks a lot. Will go back with results. :D

Welp. I just reinstalled both flash player and Google Chrome and the same thing happens. The PepFlashThing works but without 5.1 sound and the manually installed flash player doesn't stay on full screen.

I don't usually trust Windows so I'm not sure if this means what it says:

AuGta.jpg

i suggest you look for drivers from asus website rather using the generic windows update.

your issue seems to be just you - something not right in the system.

this i would do:
    1. uninstall chrome
    2. uninstall any flash player
    3. reboot
    4. update drivers from asus website
    5. install chrome
    6. install flash player
    7. do your thing without plugging your 5.1 speakers
    8. if it works - try with a headphone/headset
    9. if it works then try your 5.1 speakers.

other than that, i cannot think of anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just for sanity's sake try and run a virus scan like malwarebytes to rule it out

i suggest you look for drivers from asus website rather using the generic windows update.

your issue seems to be just you - something not right in the system.

this i would do:
    1. uninstall chrome
    2. uninstall any flash player
    3. reboot
    4. update drivers from asus website
    5. install chrome
    6. install flash player
    7. do your thing without plugging your 5.1 speakers
    8. if it works - try with a headphone/headset
    9. if it works then try your 5.1 speakers.

other than that, i cannot think of anything else.

I just checked from the asus website that my drivers are indeed updated. checked the driver version from device manager and it matches the one that asus has on their website. I will do the above steps. Thanks a lot.

If the simple steps don't work, I will run a virus scan. Thanks again :) You've been so helpful.

• Advertisement

Wow. I have no idea what fixed it. Here's what I did:
    1. Uninstalled chrome
    2. Uninstalled flash player
    3. Reboot
    4. Installed chrome
    5. Installed flash player
    6. Reboot
    7. Edited settings to disable pepflashplayer.dll and enable the installed flash player
    8. Restarted chrome
    9. Full screen test- Twitch.tv - Any video, click out and it gets out of full screen
    10. Youtube test - Full screen stays on (I realised HTML5 is what's used on YT so I don't know why full screen wasn't working for me on YT before
    11. Went back to Twitch.tv - remembered something about hardware acceleration - right-click on video - disabled it - full screen, stays full screen
    12. Enabled hardware acceleration again - full screen, stays full screen.

This is with the installed flash player so my 5.1 system works with it. So, any explanation to what happened? I certainly don't know what fixed it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

in I.T. you don't question why it worked only that you're thankful that it actually did and then move onto the next problem to magically fix

Skerries wrote: »
    in I.T. you don't question why it worked only that you're thankful that it actually did and then move onto the next problem to magically fix

hahahaha. So true. Just remembered my college days(engineering). I can remember having a piece of code not working and reloading it the next day and it starts working. Ahhhh those days.

Thanks a lot anyway guys. I really am thankful :)

Advertisement