Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laurel Dove Ltd?

Options
  • 21-09-2014 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know this company? Have a charge on my bank account that I don't recognise and all that is showing on my account online is this company LAUREL DOVE LTD , WATERFORD IE

From google I cant find much, just something to do with cosmetics or toiletries?

No idea what it is, what can be done about this? I cant find a number for the company, do I just go in to my bank to query it? Can they find out what the transaction was or anything like that? Where it took place even?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

Laureldove Limited was set up on Thu the 9th of Aug 2012 in Waterford. Their current status is Normal. The company's current directors Joan Enright and William Martin have been the director of 0 other Irish companies between them. Laureldove Limited has 2 shareholders.

Company Vitals

Company Name:Laureldove Limited
    Time in Business:2 Years
    Company Number:516195Size:Small (Balance sheet total does not exceed 4.4m)Current Status:Normal Principal Activity:[52.33] Retail Sale of Cosmetic and Toilet ArticlesMay Trade As:Laureldove LtdRegistered Address:Calaghane Lodge,
    Grantstown,
    Waterford

From solo check dot ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yeah that was all I got too, rings no bells with me at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

kryogen wrote: »
    Yeah that was all I got too, rings no bells with me at all

ring your bank and query it.... and say u never authorised it...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

any news on this I have just had the same laurel dove ltd clonard for 54.95

Bank are looking in to it apparently, I am calling them again tomorrow though cause they should have got back to me by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Neilinhio

Any progress with the bank, i have just found a similar transaction in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

its more than likely a chemists??

went to bank today have been given number to contact credit card company so will be monday now before anything

I just checked with my wife, it's a hairdressing supply shop in Waterford.

Yep, apologies for late reply, was in work. The hairdressing place on the estate is what it is. She bought some ****e with my card but hadnt told me, and of course didnt remember when I had asked her did she know what it was earlier........didnt remember, right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

A few years back I bought some stuff from the surf shop in Tramore where Moe's Cafe is now. Kinda forgot about it until I saw a card transaction on my statement from a business in Clonmel. Alarm bells straight away and after a bit of investigation including a trip to Clonmel to discover the owners of the Surf shop had another shop in Clonmel and the machine for the credit card transactions was registered to their Clonmel shop.

Turned out to be genuine but it did cause concern for a while. I imagine they might not be the only business to do this so it could be common enough.

turns out hairdressing shop, the wife said the shop is under a different name then the card statement so that was the problem

; Turned out to be genuine but it did cause concern for a while. I imagine they might not be the only business to do this so it could be common enough;
    yes totally agree with this brick session

kryogen wrote: »
    Yep, apologies for late reply, was in work. The hairdressing place on the estate is what it is. She bought some ****e with my card but hadnt told me, and of course didnt remember when I had asked her did she know what it was earlier........didnt remember, right.

Ah yes, the old "I can't remember" trick.

On a serious note, good to know the transactions are genuine.

Advertisement