Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any idea what lens this is?

• 22-09-2014 2:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently acquired this lens as part of a camera I got - Camera is fine - but has anyone any idea what it is?

It certainly doesn't fit anything I currently have - and I'm not sure if its even complete - but its huge, heavy and looks impressive :)

24o7cy1.jpg
    2igkig5.jpg

Text on it says:

ISCO - OPTIC GERMANY ULTRA - AV 200 - 300 mm f/3.5 MC

Any ideas what it is/was ?

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

It's a projector lens for a carousel slide projector system.

Pretty sure that the lens have no aperture blades so there is no control over depth of field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭ozmo

Whammy! wrote: »
    It's a projector lens for a carousel slide projector system.

Pretty sure that the lens have no aperture blades so there is no control over depth of field.

Really? - I would not have guessed that as the lens is so big!

There is no aperture blades alright - just a rotate to zoom feature - magnification seems to be only about 2x or 3x.

Thanks for the info.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

Here is a picture of lens from the same manufacturer attached to a slide projector.
    I-110-200.JPG

This lens is a 110-200mm so it will be smaller but you get the idea. Obviously a portion of the lens is hidden within the projector.

I've seen the odd one adapted to a dslr via a m42 mount. Not really any information online so I'd imagine it's very difficult.

Advertisement