Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to know about accessing the USA version of netflix

Options
  • 22-09-2014 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

I have no idea what forum this goes under or if it's even allowed; I'd obviously being using a paid subscription to netflix.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no forum that allows discussion of how to gain illegal access to copyrighted content.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Are you sure? I've seen people mention to use a VPN or something to use the USA version of it.

I wasn't aware it was illegal or ever has been. You realize I'd be paying for netflix, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Just google it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you sure? I've seen people mention to use a VPN or something to use the USA version of it.

I wasn't aware it was illegal or ever has been. You realize I'd be paying for netflix, right?

It makes no difference if you're paying for it, it's still unauthorized access.

Weird... I've seen people being given advice on VPN use all the time here. Ah well, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Even if you do use a VPN to access Netflix USA illegally you will have to pay for a VPN normally on a monthly basis, so probably wouldn't be a cheap option either way.
    Netflix USA stream some content that is licenced for viewing in USA only, hence why its illegal.

Ah, that explains it.
    Cheers.

Advertisement