Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Interest Charges

Options
  • 22-09-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello All,

I just noticed that the quarterly interest charge on my mortgage is higher than it has been for the past two quarters. I am on a fixed rate until the middle of next year so thought that the interest charged would be evenly applied throughout the quarters. I wouldn't be great on the calculation of compound interest etc. so just before I make a fool of myself ringing my bank I wondered could someone explain to me why this might be?

I have no arrears and have paid on time every month if that would have any bearing.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paraic OMuir

I don't see any obvious reason, yes you should contact the bank and get an explanation.

Paraic

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Troy2013

I don't see any obvious reason, yes you should contact the bank and get an explanation.

Paraic

Thanks very much Paraic. I really was taken aback as it is quite a bit more than usual. I will definitely ring and check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Troy2013

So the Bank says it is to with the differing amounts of days in the quarter. (91 as opposed to 93) From their maths it seems 2 days equates to a 2.95% increase in the interest charged in that quarter which seems an awful lot.

Advertisement