Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Good Wife season 6 (US pace) *spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

That was the first episode ever without any current Lockhart Gardner (or whatever they are called now) partners or employees in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

...ah but we have Niles Crane to contend with. Nerdboy (Cary) is on a oneway ticket back to jail. Soon to leave character is easily provable complicit in recent murders / disappearances. Our resident drug lord will soon grow tired of the lot of them. Lots of meat in the stew.
    And Governor Florrick is bound to have an itchy zipper if things flag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Dylan Baker
    will reprise his role as
    Colin Sweeney
    in an upcoming episode this season.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s170/the-good-wife/news/a608144/dylan-baker-and-laura-benanti-returning-to-the-good-wife.html#~oUN57dt1jfsUUu

Delighted. He's my favourite recurring guest star by far.

Dylan Baker
    will reprise his role as
    Colin Sweeney
    in an upcoming episode this season.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s170/the-good-wife/news/a608144/dylan-baker-and-laura-benanti-returning-to-the-good-wife.html#~oUN57dt1jfsUUu

Delighted. He's my favourite recurring guest star by far.

:D Snap. They were going to put him in the dictionary but the other Degenerates objected to being associated with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭furiousox

A bit better this week.
    You get a feeling something bad is coming down the tracks for Cary & Kalinda.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Given that Kalinda is leaving at the end of the season and now that she has openly defied Bishop I would say that her future is looking ominous.

What exactly was that white card that Bishop gave Kalinda?

Was it a tracking device (he seems to be able to keep tabs on her well enough without that), a recording device (not like one I've ever seen on any show before - even Kalinda didn't seem to recognise it) or was it some sort of device designed to actually kill her (no idea how that would work)?

Either way, Kalinda snapping it in half with a satisfied look on her face doesn't bode well for her character at all.

Next week's episode is the penultimate in the season's autumn run. They better not leave us hanging for too long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jackie is also AWOL this season as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the white card was just a white card...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

while this season is a little weaker, I still think it's one of the best shows on tele, and one of the only ones I look forward to each week.

I only just thought of Jackie now that someone pointed out her absence. How she comes back into it, really enjoy her character.
    am i the only one who won't miss Kalinda , if it's renewed next season/series

I imagine the agent's wallet will be snatched at some point. If the white card is there, Kalinda is a good obedient girl. I not, she is a liability. We've all seen what our friendly drug lord does with liabilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Does anyone else find the pace incredibly slow this season? Its 8 episodes in and nothing has really happened at all. I know the second part of the season is dramatic. But this first half is almost boring

hfallada wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the pace incredibly slow this season? Its 8 episodes in and nothing has really happened at all. I know the second part of the season is dramatic. But this first half is almost boring

I think they're looking at the boxset/ download entire season market. At six seasons in, they have us hooked. If I had any patience I'd let the season run its course then watch it all next year over two days.
    Though I loved the campaign ads. My advice to both sides is go negative , very deeply funnily negative.

Meh.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

Back on track with a strong episode.

I wasn't expecting that ending! :eek:

Wow. Poor Cary :(

Something's got to happen to save him. Maybe
    Kalinda decides to turn in Bishop to save Cary and she's either killed or has to enter a witness protection program, which is how her character is written out.

Either way, anything that takes the focus off Alicia's running campaign for a while would be a welcome relief! Although it was great seeing Jackie again...

Bishop is still not going to be happy with Cary doing time. He's one bad day in jail away from turning on him.
    Threatening to stab a teacher (in writing no less)- if the State Attorney thing doesn't work out, there's a seat waiting for her in the Dail.

Yeah that was better, good episode.
    And that's it until 2015, mid season finale. :(

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

furiousox wrote: »
    Yeah that was better, good episode.
    And that's it until 2015, mid season finale. :(

God damn it!!

• Advertisement

Series continues on January 4th, so not too much longer to wait!

https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodWife

Now that was more like it...frenetic, fast paced, edge of the seat stuff. Shame about the Alicia State's Attorney race guff in between. What was with that silly kiss at the end??

Kalinda's in deep poo poo if/when she gets found out. Somehow I don't think she'll be getting a Cary style happy ending...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Great episode, Matt Czuchry (Cary) was has been excellent through this whole storyline.
    So now we get the set up for Kalinda's departure: Jailed for hacking, killed by / on the run from Bishop or hacking used as leverage to turn against Bishop....hmm?

And by the way, Matt has gone too gaunt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

shinny wrote: »
    Great episode, Matt Czuchry (Cary) was has been excellent through this whole storyline. ...
    And by the way, Matt has gone too gaunt!

Thought Diane and Kalinda looked very gaunt also...
    Good episode though!

they should have killed him off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they should have killed him off

who ? Cary ?

I though too he looked very gaunt, hopefully it is for the show, and the pressure he was under. Great episode though, bodes well for the rest of the season.

bit of Aaron Sorkin smugness off that one

how can peter give up Connie Nielsen

Alicia has more or less been told to put up or shut up about the electioneering now. She'll probably decide her hearts not in it next week and we'll be back to business as usual.
    Good to see David Lee back full time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

She'll probably decide her hearts not in it next week and we'll be back to business as usual.

I wish. Unfortunately I'm guessing most of the support cast that have carried the show through will be sidelined and the ridiculous Alicia going for state attorney will prevail.

Something that's been nagging at me since around about Wills death and when they decided to go along with the state attorney storyline, is the simple fact that I don't like Alicia. I'm sure that's the point of her character that she's battle hardened after been cheated on and losing her true love Will, however she bugs me. The more the election arch and her high horse speeches, then the more bugged I get.

The support cast are amazing. The majority of episodes when there's more airtime of support cast than Alicia are my favourite episodes. The ones that focus more on Alicia and her love life or now this state attorney storyline I'm not overly keen on. Still watch-able absolutely, just not keen on.

If this show split into two separate shows- One show with Alicia as the state attorney and the other show that featured the support cast (Cary, Diane, Kalinda, David Lee et al) doing the law firm storyline... I know which show I would watch.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the show at the end of this season with Alicia getting elected to the state attorney's office. It is difficult to imagine a season with her in the attorney's office. I would be delighted if I'm completely wrong and made to eat my words.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

It's building up now where Alicia wins the election and spends her time in court battling against Diane and Cary

• Advertisement

"On a break" until March 1st because of the NFL schedule.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

furiousox wrote: »
    "On a break" until March 1st because of the NFL schedule.

That finishes 1st Feb? That's a good un!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Why don't they just air this show on a different night? In the states, it constantly starts late because of the football overrunning and then it gets shafted during awards season too.

It's a really bad way to treat a show as good as this and isn't fair to viewers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

I was wondering why it wasn't on. Well thats another show I have wait until march to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Would anyone else love to see it being built up that Alicia ends up putting all her energy into her campaign and really leaving her office behind, leaving them to make all the decisions, much like we saw at the end of the last episode, and then not winning the race?
    I do like Alicia's character and I think she has great chemistry on screen with everyone but I'd love to see it not working out for her, forced to get back to reality, in her office, working hard and leaving her pie in the sky dreams behind. The show writers have written some excellent case storylines for the show and I find them a more interesting backdrop to all the other bits and bobs that happen in the show than this state's attorney, governor florrick rubbish.

Loving Finn Polmer's character in the show, I hope he becomes part of the regular cast.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The problem is that they spend ages setting up the Alicia/Cary vs LG scenario only for it to whimper out as everyone just jumped ship over to Florrick/Agos

To me it looks like they are pushing this further by making Alicia SA and then she'll be up against them all.

It's back on March 1st (USA)

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

Edward Asner :D:D

Colin Sweeny's back!! :D

Dylan Baker plays him so well; Best guest star on this show by miles.

This was a great episode overall, from Sweeny's 'trial' (that British accent!!), to Kalinda and Lemond and even the SA race storyline wasn't the drag it usually is.

Alicia has become rather unlikeable throughout this whole season, so it would have been nice to see her tell Assner where to stick his money. I guess she realised how low she'd gone by the end of the episode and the conversation with Niles at the end was interesting. Not sure if he was hinting that he knew what a sexist, homophobic tool the guy was, or whether he was hinting that he may even be considering pulling out of the race altogether. Maybe he was just trying to connect to Alicia as another human being, I'm not sure. Either way, if this was real life and I was voting in Illinois, he'd be the one getting my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Alicia has become rather unlikeable throughout this whole season.

Extremely so, hope that changes as it's very off putting or at least is not as nice viewing as before.

Dylan Baker rocked in both roles.

I keep expecting
    Kalinda to be killed suddenly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

I keep expecting
    Kalinda to be killed suddenly

Big time, especially since it was announced
    she's leaving at the end of the season. Most likely will be on the run or end up killed off

She might just do a Kalinda and
    bugger off some morning bored with babysitting babies of all ages, shapes and sizes.
    That's the Kalinda I fell in love with.

• Advertisement

kalinda forgot to tell bishop that car was following them again

Worst.
    Episode.
    Ever.
    :mad:

CPL 593H

This season has been been been very weak.

The Alicia/Kalinda dynamic missing big time.

The Alicia/ everyone else dynamic is also missing big time.

Alicia State's Attorney storyline really has hurt the show.

With Josh Charles gone &
    Archie Panjabi leaving
    I think the show mightbe on its downwards curve after 6 seasons.

It will take a lot to save it now for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

I suppose the show was brave to try something like that but it didn't work at all. Absolutely horrible episode, the worst ever for me. I ended up fast forwarding through the last 20 minutes it was so bad. Last week was a snoozefest as well. Terrible episodes to come back to after a 5 or 6 week break.

This season really hasn't been great, which is a shame because season 5 was one of their best. The Alicia runs for SA story line is dragging the show down so much. The only story line I enjoyed so far this season was Cary's and that petered out. Diane has been given nothing to do all year and Robin has disappeared with no explanation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement