Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iOS 8 on iPhone 4S - don't bother

• 22-09-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭

I had to revert back to iOS 7 last night, this iOS is pretty painful on the wee 4S.

Slow, way too much reloading, and seemed to eat the battery a bit harder.
    And the default keyboard takes up more than half the screen.

I urge anyone who made the upgrade to revert ASAP before Apple stop signing iOS 7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

On the contrary, I upgraded to IOS8 on my 4S last week and have had no issues. In fact my battery life has improved over IOS7.2 and I get the benefits that IOS8 brings.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I havent had too many issues either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

How do you downgrade back to ios7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I was concerned at first after installing iOS 8 on the 4S that the responsiveness and speed had deteriorated significantly. But then I did a hard reset and that helped a lot. I quite like the new OS but do find the battery life to have suffered a little. Then again it's 3 year old phone so I don't expect to make it through a full day without a top up charge anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have to say I reslly like ios8 on my 4s- some things are a bit slow but tbh they were like that before the upgrade anyway. Like was said, this phone is 3 years old, there's no way it can be as snappy with a brand new os.

Advertisement