Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Munster Run

• 22-09-2014 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Has anyone ever traversed the six counties of Munster in six hours on a motorbike? Just wondering, as I intend doing it and would be interested as to what route others may have taken.

Cheers folks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Gortan60 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever traversed the six counties of Munster in six hours on a motorbike? Just wondering, as I intend doing it and would be interested as to what route others may have taken.

Cheers folks!

Not if you want to enjoy yourself and actually get to ride the scenic routes and fun roads. Dingle peninsula, Ring of Kerry via the Skellig ring, the Killarney to Kenmare road, Mollys gap to Glangarriff, on to Kinsale etc. I did something similar during the summer and it was 3 days worth (took in Clare, Limerick, Kerry and Cork with missus on the back taking it handy and stopping regularly to take it all in). Personally i wouldnt waste the petrol but if its some sort of goal your going for good luck :)

Edit: And to answer your question I havent ha, but id wager you could plan it real quick with regional roads and motorways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Shur from the Limerick bypass you could "traverse" 3 of them inside of 10 minutes... :D

But I agree, it would be an awful boring drive. Why not just plan a nice scenic route and don't worry so much about ticking boxes? In addition to the suggestions above, one of my regular short(ish) spins out of Limerick would be to take the N69 along the estuary and just before Listowel hang left and return by the West Limerick Way (the old road running between the N69 and the main road back from Abbeyfeale).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ring of Beara is a fantastic spin, less touristed than the ROK but equally stunning scenery.

Advertisement