Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Kilcolgan

Options
  • 22-09-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

When I check my line on the Eircom site today, it tells me that eFibre will be available in Aug 14. Here is a screenshot. It is now September.

I am connected to the Kilcolgan exchange, and last week it moved out of 'Build' mode on the rollout page.

Can anyone in Eircom tell me if I can get it? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

fbradyirl wrote: »
    When I check my line on the Eircom site today, it tells me that eFibre will be available in Aug 14. Here is a screenshot. It is now September.

I am connected to the Kilcolgan exchange, and last week it moved out of 'Build' mode on the rollout page.

Can anyone in Eircom tell me if I can get it? Thanks.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi fbradyirl[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I've looked into this in detail and I can confirm that efibre has launched in Douglas however not all areas/cabinets within Kilcolgan are efibre enabled. The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]There is a message below the efibre coverage map stating :[/font] [font=Times New Roman","serif]"The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied."[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]The efibre roll out team have advised me that works to enable more cabinets and efforts to bring efibre to as much areas within Kilcolgan will continue over in to the future however you are welcome to PM me your landline number or specific address and I see if I can offer you an indication of when to expect efibre.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] Al[/font]

Advertisement