Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuit tightness

Options
  • 22-09-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,
    I bought a new Tri wet suit. It's pretty snug except I can feel the tiniest trickle down the small of my back when in the water? Now, i'm quite skinny and so i'm wondering will there be any suit size that is perfect for me, as the other dimensions on this are bang on. Would a rash vest make a difference, or is there anything else i can do?

Thanks,
    Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I would have though that was normal. I always get a little cold streak down the back as I get in. This gets heated to body temp naturally and you're good to go. Its meant to keep you warm, not dry.
    As long as it's not gulping in water like a basking shark I'd reckon it's doing its job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Hi,
    I bought a new Tri wet suit. It's pretty snug except I can feel the tiniest trickle down the small of my back when in the water? Now, i'm quite skinny and so i'm wondering will there be any suit size that is perfect for me, as the other dimensions on this are bang on. Would a rash vest make a difference, or is there anything else i can do?

Thanks,
    Kieran

Perfectly normal, the zips aren't watertight so always let in some water.

You could try a heatseeker vest if extending the season or suffering from the cold a bit. http://www.orca.com/ie-en/heatseeker-vest/

Advertisement