Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house

Options
  • 22-09-2014 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi guys.
    i am interested in buying a house at St Peter‘s road Bray. the asking price is 240k. is this price reasonable? As i found out on the internet, the number 4 at st perters road was sold at 130k last year. number 17 was sold at 150k on 27/ 4/ 12. is the area ok? if i pay cash, will it make it cheaper?
    thank you for any information you can offer me .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Jimmy_M

This section is about home appliances - i.e. electronic appliances that you have in the home.
    I Think you're looking for the property section...
    propertypriceregister.ie will give you historic prices of residential units sold in ireland in the last few years. (Sounds like youve looked at that)
    Prices are apparently rising.
    A cash buyer may be more attractive for a prospective seller, because it usually results in a quicker sale. Whether the seller will sell at a cheaper price for a quicker sale is up to the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 richard chang

Jimmy_M wrote: »
    This section is about home appliances - i.e. electronic appliances that you have in the home.
    I Think you're looking for the property section...
    propertypriceregister.ie will give you historic prices of residential units sold in ireland in the last few years. (Sounds like youve looked at that)
    Prices are apparently rising.
    A cash buyer may be more attractive for a prospective seller, because it usually results in a quicker sale. Whether the seller will sell at a cheaper price for a quicker sale is up to the seller.

thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

House prices in Bray hit their bottom in 2012. You'll be lucky to get a 3 bed now for under 250k in a decent area.

I know the house you're looking at. It's a good sized house for the price, but not the nicest looking area. (visually). Safe enough area though.

Have you contacted the estate agent? It's very possible that there's already bids in over 240k. We bought a house in Bray at the start of the year and every house we viewed had loads of bidders.

Advertisement