Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thanks Whoring

• 22-09-2014 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

I have decided to renounce the ''Thanks System'' and resist as a non conformist the urge to ''thank'' posts. Feelsgoodman. I am free from entrapment. Enjoy low self esteem and the eternal quest for validation from complete strangers. #Buddha #BuddhaSayings #Buddhawisdom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭skallywag

Great post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

You'd wanna man up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Eh, twitter this is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

I am staying strong. A silly button is meaningless and all too often used instead as an excuse for keyboard rage #maturity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

They've started trialling the lithium in the water thing, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

I have decided to renounce the ''Thanks System'' and resist as a non conformist the urge to ''thank'' posts. Feelsgoodman. I am free from entrapment. Enjoy low self esteem and the eternal quest for validation from complete strangers. #Buddha #BuddhaSayings #Buddhawisdom

You call yourself a masculinist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

K.

I am staying strong. A silly button is meaningless and all too often used instead as an excuse for keyboard rage #maturity

The internet is used as an excuse for keyboard rage. Have you considered boycotting the internet?
    #findsomethingrealtocomplainabout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I bet you're expecting a shed load of thanks for that. Trying to trick us. I've got you all figured out buddy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

low self esteem needs a good kick in the bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

I've thanked your post in the hope that it irritates you, you're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oh goody. Cue endless +1 posts and evening more ****e that slows down the conversation.

(And cue dungeons who'd bound to add a +1 to this...)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Been a while since the last thanks whoring post about thanks whoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

If you are freed from the need for validation from complete strangers, I'm not sure why you would feel the need to post your position so it can be read by complete strangers. When I don't care what complete strangers think, I generally don't tell them because why bother if you don't care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I thought thanks whoring was thanking too much - wouldn't giving away thanks freely make more sense in a whore context?

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Somewhat ironic given you created a thread to essentially seek validation from strangers.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Being a Thanks Whore is a thankless task. No, wait..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Oh goody. Cue endless +1 posts and evening more ****e that slows down the conversation.

(And cue dungeons who'd bound to add a +1 to this...)

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 likes this

• Advertisement

wazky wrote: »
    I've thanked your post in the hope that it irritates you, you're welcome.

I see what you did there.

#FaithfulToMyVows

Find all posts thanked by masculinist
    Boards.ie Message
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

#smirk #smug #truefreedom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I thought thanks whoring was thanking too much - wouldn't giving away thanks freely make more sense in a whore context?

Nah, that's a thanks slut you're thinking of, thanks whores expect to be thanked voraciously for every time they post ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Nah, that's a thanks slut you're thinking of, thanks whores expect to be thanked voraciously for every time they post ;)

Ah.

Do they get thanked by the hour? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its always the boring people who get zero thanks who complain about the thanks system.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Ah.

Do they get thanked by the hour? :)

They can be posting for hours and not get a single thank, and then this one post they make, they could get a flood of thanks for it that keeps them going for a while until they need another fix :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Does anybody else defriend people instantly on Facebook for including a hash tag in their status?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

anncoates wrote: »
    Does anybody else defriend people instantly on Facebook for including a hash tag in their status?

i just defriend anybody in RL who i find out has a FB. i've only 2 left:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I see what you did there.

#FaithfulToMyVows
    Find all posts thanked by masculinist

#smirk #smug #truefreedom

Is there something wrong with one of your keys?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

How did the OP manage to round up most of the biggest thanks whores in here and get them all commenting/thanking on this thread?! Genius!

#totes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Thank you very very much Mr Eastwood.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    How did the OP manage to round up most of the biggest thanks whores in here and get them all commenting/thanking on this thread?! Genius!

But, but... by posting here, doesn't that include you? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Can someone explain to me, in simple farmer's serving-boy terms, what in the actual fcuk this "hashtag" caper is about? Oh and, thanks to everyone, including my parents, without whom I wouldn't have been born at quite an early age, the many and assorted school teachers who took my young braaane and whaled hairy fcuk on it - in a purely intellectual way, you understand - and the Pope, whatver his name is this weather, and of course Mr. Eastwood. Thank you very, very much Mr. Eastwood. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Robbo wrote: »
    Been a while since the last thanks whoring post about thanks whoring.
    Oh look, a thanks whoring post about thanks whoring posts about...oh forget it I'm just confused now :pac:

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me, in simple farmer's serving-boy terms, what in the actual fcuk this "hashtag" caper is about? Oh and, thanks to everyone, including my parents, without whom I wouldn't have been born at quite an early age, the many and assorted school teachers who took my young braaane and whaled hairy fcuk on it - in a purely intellectual way, you understand - and the Pope, whatver his name is this weather, and of course Mr. Eastwood. Thank you very, very much Mr. Eastwood. :cool:

Here you go boss.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Why_does_Twitter_use_the_number_sign

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Czarcasm wrote: »
    But, but... by posting here, doesn't that include you? :confused:

That was the joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Oh. Like Kibo grepping the newsfeed in the early '90s. #bozo :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

No I'm not that petty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

darkdubh wrote: »

Jesus, that brings back memories!
    And look, is that Fr. Frost in the video with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I gave him one for irony!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Hashtags on Boards, Jesus H.

131spanner wrote: »
    Hashtags on Boards, Jesus H.

Hashtags are not deterring the thankjunkies unfortunately..

#HashtagsAnnoyingIsntItButYouCantExplainWhyApartFromAvagueSenseThatHipstersMustDie
    #slavestothesystem #slavestoabutton #annoyingasfeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

darkdubh wrote: »

Didn't realise the fella from Bosco was in the video as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

I mean boards prison forum is most equitable in this regards, there’s no thanks function for inmates nor moderators. It’s a start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Hidden Cyclone

Can someone please tell me why people use hash tags away from Twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Have a thanks on me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement