Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thanks Whoring

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

circadian wrote: »
    Have a thanks on me.

but why ......... this damn thread and all the thanks received from it should be enough of an indictment of the thanks whoring system #thinkoftheinjustice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I have decided to renounce the ''Thanks System'' and resist as a non conformist the urge to ''thank'' posts. Feelsgoodman. I am free from entrapment. Enjoy low self esteem and the eternal quest for validation from complete strangers. #Buddha #BuddhaSayings #Buddhawisdom

Budd Haw is Dom? It all makes sense now. Never liked that Dom guy.

Budd Haw is Dom? It all makes sense now. Never liked that Dom guy.

It is ok. Due to individuality merely being a function of the universe experiencing itself,
    Buddhas' Ayings too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

but why ......... this damn thread and all the thanks received from it should be enough of an indictment of the thanks whoring system #thinkoftheinjustice

Are you a member of the looney left?

Sounds like something Boyd Barrett would protest over.

Are you a member of the looney left?

no . I'm a member of the looney right ;-)

Its getting harder and harder not to thank the best posts on Dinny Media Threads... No matter how many thanks you guys give me I'm not going to give in ever... I swear ...

hes not so looney now compared to Enda and Dinny is he ?

Its getting harder and harder to maintain... my no thanks policy... must not thank best ,must not thank best posts, must not thank best posts, must not thank best posts, must not thank best posts, must not thank best posts.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

Its getting harder and harder not to thank the best posts on Dinny Media Threads... No matter how many thanks you guys give me I'm not going to give in ever... I swear ...

hes not so looney now compared to Enda and Dinny is he ?

Its getting harder and harder to maintain... my no thanks policy... must not thank best ,must not thank best posts, must not thank best posts, must not thank best posts, must not thank best posts, must not thank best posts.....:(

Give in man. Just do it. Just once. Just one last thanks. It's definitely the last time. You know that. I know that. The next time will be the real last time. Just one more thanks. Just one more fvcking thanks. You just need one more final thanks. Then you're good. Then you can stop. Just one. Just to take the edge off. Just to set you up like. Then it'll be far easier. Just one more.

OneOfThem wrote: »
    Give in man. Just do it. Just once. Just one last thanks. It's definitely the last time. You know that. I know that. The next time will be the real last time. Just one more thanks. Just one more fvcking thanks. You just need one more final thanks. Then you're good. Then you can stop. Just one. Just to take the edge off. Just to set you up like. Then it'll be far easier. Just one more.

if I made a quick durty thanks, I just know the guilt would haunt me until I logged in and furtively unthanked that post while hoping nobody spotted me. Its a vicious cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I like thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

if I made a quick durty thanks, I just know the guilt would haunt me until I logged in and furtively unthanked that post while hoping nobody spotted me. Its a vicious cycle.

But guilt is just an internalisation of the views of others. It's not real. It's not your real views. You could even start another account and thank a couple of posts with that. No one has to know. No one will know. Just think of the feeling. Right when you click that little button and your name pops up at the bottom of the post in that glorious electric blue. There's your name right there. Your mark. Letting the world know you have approved that message and/or quip. It has your seal of approval now. It means something now. Do it! Just do it once! Just to see if it feels like you remember. C'mon, just do it. You know you want to. Just once. That's all. Just one little time. Go on. Do it. You'll like it. You know you want to. Who are they to judge you. Do it. You want to. What shouldn't you do something you want. Who are they? Do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Which is the worst Thanks whore ?

Those who are soliciting Thanks ?

Or

Those Who Bestow Thanks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think you are overthinking it.

looksee wrote: »
    I think you are overthinking it.

Actually I thought that Myself but ya know I was just too bloody curious and couldn't help myself:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

blinding wrote: »

Or

Thanks.

Even without the thanks button I can still thank you.

blinding wrote: »

Or

If I cared about receiving thanks, I'd have to say it would be stingy thanks givers like you :pac:... if I cared which I dont :pac::D;)

• Advertisement

If I cared about receiving thanks, I'd have to say it would be stingy thanks givers like you :pac:... if I cared which I dont :pac::D;)
    I have to confess that I am Thanks Giver Whore.

Its not my fault i just can't help myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I only came to this thread because it said 'whoring'. Thanks.

traprunner wrote: »
    I only came to this thread because it said 'whoring'. Thanks.

I almost thanked that post :pac:

Advertisement