Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price drops on Myhome

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

The indo has it that the CGT exemption is to be scrapped.

And the man himself too it seems. Guess the call from the MNC's got them spooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

gaius c wrote: »
    Do you read your newspapers with polaroid lenses?
    There's been huge amounts of crowing re property prices "recovering".

And Michael "We need to get property prices up another bit" Noonan has made no secret about what he's trying to do.

You are aware that he said that at the start of April. Nothing has changed since then????

There hasnt actually been crowing. For the most part its been questioning whether the price rises are good.

I'm not sure what exactly it is you're trying to pick a fight about.

I'm not sure what exactly it is you're trying to pick a fight about.

Pick a fight? Im just highlighting your nonsense post.

Made no sense to me for the reasons ive pointed out and then you backed it up with a comment made at the start of April with all the increases that have occurred in the market between now and then and the media massaging it???

Is somebody disagreeing with you and providing evidence of their opinion considered a fight these days? Id hate to see what a fight is in that case

Post was made a week ago btw, before Noonan's announcement.
    In the context of previous U-turns and his avowed wish to increase prices, it was a fairly reasonable comment.
    Is somebody disagreeing with you and providing evidence of their opinion considered a fight these days? Id hate to see what a fight is in that case
    Actually you provided no such citations.

• Advertisement

Post was made a week ago btw, before Noonan's announcement.
    In the context of previous U-turns and his avowed wish to increase prices, it was a fairly reasonable comment.

Actually you provided no such citations.

I'm supposed to provide citiations from the reams of national and international newspapers, media outlets such as Bloomberg and brokerage and IB banking analysts reports stating that the past 6 months growth could damage economic growth. I would have thought it was blindingly obvious and couldn't understand how I was supposed to have a polarised view considering all of the above

Advertisement