Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Ryder Cup 2014 Thread - No betting talk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

sky88 wrote: »
    as much as i want Europe to win theirs a little part of me delighted poulters getting stuffed so far

Seriously? God almighty, why be delighted a European is losing!

Hes really off his game though. I'd have been ashamed of that shot myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Rose and Stenson out first was a good call from McGinley. Poulter and Gallacher not so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

Poulter's having a nightmare. Probably wouldn't have happened if Gallacher had holed his putt at the 8th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Stevie starting to clip them nicely now

Just needs to make some putts

Reed really in to this. Very impressive. We'll be seeing a lot of him.

• Advertisement

Gallacher/Poulter are done, I think. Bottom match is pivotal now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Woke at 5.30. Getting the 11 Ó clock slump. Double espresso and off to work. 😠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Chances of Rose and Stenson to do the Foursomes too?... was to be Rose and Poulter I would have thought but Poults looking out of it thus far.

Something tells me we wont be seeing Webb Simpson in the foursomes this afternoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

Are they going to be finished in time for this afternoon's fourballs? I guess the first two matches may finish well before the 18th, but the other two could go all the way.

EDIT: Sorry, first and third matches!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Gallacher/Poulter are done, I think. Bottom match is pivotal now.

Pivotal? It's only Friday morning.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Chances of Rose and Stenson to do the Foursomes too?... was to be Rose and Poulter I would have thought but Poults looking out of it thus far.

Hard to make a case for separating Rose and Stenson. There seems to be nice banter between them.....mind you, their tails are up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

2nd and 4th matches are the big ones here can see them swinging anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

here comes poulter and gallacher, come on lads!

First Up wrote: »
    Pivotal? It's only Friday morning.

For this morning's result I mean! Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I dont think Stenson is playing that well tbh, more that Rose is solid and the US are +1 for 11 holes!

Wow - some bunker shot by Stenson.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

I was wondering who that bird was shaking the players hand on the first. Only just realised it was jimenez:eek:. Think i need to go to specsavers

Spieth and Reed are playing super golf. If they holed more putts they could be even further ahead

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    I was wondering who that bird was shaking the players hand on the first. Only just realised it was jimenez:eek:. Think i need to go to specsavers

Probably still from the tears in your eyes after losing the Golfer of the Year! :D

• Advertisement

Tom Watson must be delighted he got all his rookies out this morning. I wonder what Paul will do this afternoon now ........ with Poulter being so out of sorts, I'd say he is changing his plan.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Tom Watson must be delighted he got all his rookies out this morning. I wonder what Paul will do this afternoon now ........ with Poulter being so out of sorts, I'd say he is changing his plan.

Could leave him with a bit of a problem, I'd say he was counting on Poulter to be playing solidly. Hopefully Poulter can show some form on the back 9. Not a birdie in sight from him so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

can't see gallacher being picked for the afternoon session..not playing well atol..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

So it's surely basically 1-1 in points with the other 2 all to play for. Not the usual RC fireworks overall standard wise. 2 fourball matches over par!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Camera work annoying for others? Its like they hired the BBC lads!

pelevin wrote: »
    So it's surely basically 1-1 in points with the other 2 all to play for. Not the usual RC fireworks overall standard wise. 2 fourball matches over par!!?

Greens seem to be very tricky. And the wind is up.

Mickelson and Bradley go 1 up. That's been coming for a while......2 up now. Rory and Sergio need birdies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Butt slap from Phil. Pumped now

Commentators said both captains would be happy with 2-2 after the fourballs. They were right!

• Advertisement

Obliterating Poulter will give the Americans a lot of confidence.

Obliterating Poulter will give the Americans a lot of confidence.

And Rory isn't exactly playing out of his skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I think the Americans need a good lead going into Sunday if they are going to win it. It should also make Sunday more exciting, I think Europe will dominate the singles.

Fescue wrote: »
    I think the Americans need a good lead going into Sunday if they are going to win it. It should also make Sunday more exciting, I think Europe will dominate the singles.

Its hard to know what way this game will go.

So early!

Oh I don't know ....... traditionally the Americans do well in the singles....not in 2012 though.

Traditionally, USA have been stronger in the singles, Medinah was an exception obviously. You just never know how this will go, thats the beauty of the Ryder Cup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sorry but is the front nine a bit boring. As a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

I hope Poulter isnt back out this afternoon, its easy to say it now but putting out a rookie with a guy in as bad form as poulter was giving away a point.

*runs for cover

Monty knew Justin and Henrik were going to win!

We should just have him be captain every year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Great chip by Bjorn.

Rikand wrote: »

And he told us that when he was captain and he put Poulter out with a rookie and they lost....he solved the problem (by putting Fisher out with Harrington). What a hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Why is there no golf on 5 live via the player online? instead they are playing the British parliament discussion???...

Edit: need to goto 5live extra I see.... jeeez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

I hope Poulter isnt back out this afternoon, its easy to say it now but putting out a rookie with a guy in as bad form as poulter was giving away a point.

*runs for cover

And had Poulter been fired up like we've seen him before, he would have been the perfect partner to send your rookie out with.

Hindsight is always great.

Well done Rose - first point on the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Traditionally, USA have been stronger in the singles, Medinah was an exception obviously. You just never know how this will go, thats the beauty of the Ryder Cup!

Traditionally the individual US players are higher in the world rankings...not this time.

webb Simpson - best. pick. ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    And had Poulter been fired up like we've seen him before, he would have been the perfect partner to send your rookie out with.

Hindsight is always great.

I brought up poulters selection in the other thread..already said i didnt think he should be there.

I want europe to win as much as anybody but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

webb Simpson - best. pick. ever.

Even better than Gallacher and Poulter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I thought that was pretty logical though. Simpson isn't in much form, doesn't seem the most inspiring & Watson seems to have issues being outside of the US. That was definitely the match I was by far the most confident about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is it me or are birdies thin on the ground?

GreeBo wrote: »
    Traditionally the individual US players are higher in the world rankings...not this time.

Thats true, but the calibre of these players means that anyone can go on a hot streak of birdies, hence the unpredictability. Great win for Rose/Stenson.

• Advertisement
Advertisement