Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zooplus question

• 22-09-2014 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm considering buying a fish tank off either Zooplus.de or Zooplus.ie but due to the fragility of fish tanks am a bit apprehensive... What are Zooplus like in terms of packaging, are fragile things wrapped up well?

Also do Zooplus.de ship from Germany or are they all shipped from the one warehouse?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

They are all shipped from the same warehouse in Germany, whether you use .de, .ie, .uk etc..... Personally Ive rarely had a problem with their packaging, but I do know some people complain about it. However, zooplus have excellent customer service and if the goods arrive damaged they will replace them free of charge. I would imagine though with an item like a fish tank they would pack it pretty carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I tend to buy tins of dog food from them, on two occasions I've been met by quite a battered box. Once I had bought these dog treats that came in plastic containers, seemingly unsealed, opened the box and it was covered in dog treats. Another time there was a big rip in the side of the cardboard box but the contents were fine.

...aside from that, I agree with maggiepip! I don't think they'd go packing a fish tank in a careless manner. I've only ever had good experiences from Zooplus, I think all my experiences when it came to the packaging was simply down to those who handled it during shipping.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Iv had quite a few battered and torn boxes from zooplus, only once has there been serious damage and they couldn't have been easier to deal with and promptly refunded me (didn't replace the damaged goods though just worked out the price per item and refunded it). I'd like to think they'd pack it up well but at least you know if it was damaged you'd have no problem getting a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I had a few battered boxes when they stuff was delivered with GLS and DHL lost 2 on me years ago. No problems with DPD though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

tk123 wrote: »
    I had a few battered boxes when they stuff was delivered with GLS and DHL lost 2 on me years ago. No problems with DPD though.

Now that you mention it, I haven't had any battered boxes since they switched to DPD either... I wonder did they sack GLS because there were complaints?
    I'll echo what others have said, if anything does go wrong zooplus are now a pleasure to deal with.
    Would anyone on the aquariums sub-forum have bought through zooplus, so that you could get a first-hand account?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I've always found DPD good myself too. It's just the nature of the item and the hassle of a return that puts me off! Will have more of a think about it... didn't think of the sub forum! DBB would you be totally deadly and move this thread there? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Well DPD just came to me today with my Zooplus delivery... another box with a big slash in the side lol! I guess I'm just lucky I don't buy small things.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Our latest package with Zooplus got "lost in transit" in the sense it never arrived; contacted Zooplus who sorted out a direct refund no questions asked. The package did arrive a few days later in a very poor state (apparently "lost" at the local depo) and they simply told us to contact the courier and send it back; no hassle, no money up front etc. Every single instant dealing with them has been as smooth; makes dealing with physical stores more painful at times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mexicanking

Magenta wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm considering buying a fish tank off either Zooplus.de or Zooplus.ie but due to the fragility of fish tanks am a bit apprehensive... What are Zooplus like in terms of packaging, are fragile things wrapped up well?

Also do Zooplus.de ship from Germany or are they all shipped from the one warehouse?

Thanks

@Megenta Did your aquarium get delivered. Mine was cancelled by Zooplus.de.

Advertisement