Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what version of media player do i have?

Options
  • 22-09-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Please translate to the version - 9/0/11/12???

I have windows 7. Am having problems synching music from media player to ipod.
    Am told I need at least 11/12.

Thanks!

Windows Media Player
    Version 12.0.7601.18150
    Operating System
    Version: 6.1.7601 System Locale: en-IE
    Service Pack: 1.0 User Locale: en-IE
    Build Lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144 Geo ID: Ireland
    Type: Workstation DRM Version: 11.0.7600.16385
    Architecture: x86 Indiv Version: 2.9.0.1
    Processors: 4

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Windows Media Player wont synch to your iPod, you'll need to use iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kate253

I have spent 2 hours googling and trying to figure out an EASY way of synching my media player albums to my new ipod. I am currently driven demented! :mad: How hard can it be or is my laptop too old? Windows 7 bought in 2010?

I have alll my music in windows media player. I can't get it onto my new ipod and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Windows Media Player wont synch to your iPod, you'll need to use iTunes.

Please explain how do I do it though? Simply, if possible!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you are using an iPod, you cannot use Windows Media Player.
    You will need to import all your music into iTunes.

If you open up iTunes and connect the iPod, it should walk you through how to do this.

This will give you an idea

aarggh. I was following this until the part where you should be able to copy the media player files over to Itunes library but it won't let me! I am copying and dragging to the new folder in Itunes but it doesn't work.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

If you are looking for an easy way to transfer music then use iTools:

http://www.itools.cn/multi_lang_pc_download.htm

A lot better than iTunes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Kate253 wrote: »
    aarggh. I was following this until the part where you should be able to copy the media player files over to Itunes library but it won't let me! I am copying and dragging to the new folder in Itunes but it doesn't work.:mad:

You can't drag and drop with iTunes. You need to create a media library, add songs to it and then sync it to the ipod. A pain I know but probably the best method as third party tools don't always work well I've found in the past.

Nick

You can drag and drop songs/folders from Windows Explorer into the 'Songs' section on iTunes.
    After doing that, you then connect you iPod, go to the 'Music' tab and check the songs/artists/alums you want to synch and hit the Apply button.

Advertisement