Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor.. >:(

Options
  • 22-09-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

tiz been a lovely old day.. waking up, the place full of fog, sun peeks out and heats waterford up to the lovely bright day that I can see looking out my window.

Switch on my tethering, turn on the laptop... Ive some websites to work on..

After a few hours, i get a message telling me ive hit the fair usage barrier..
    unlimited internet.. : 7.5gigs.. very unlimited!

Ive 2 packages on the phone, free texts to any network once i top up by 20, and the 'unlimited' internet for 9.99.. i dont make many calls.. so this suits me down to the ground.. im a text and internet type of guy!

After I top up.. I get no messages telling me that the data has been restored so i make the ever faithful call to customer care.. enter my pin, hit zero to talk to an agent and wait...

I explained my predicament to the girl on the other end of the phone, her accent a bit rural but i followed everything she said..
    "you have to wait 30 days for the internet to be restored.. so thats the 28th of this month"..... I thought to myself, if ive to wait ive to wait.. but ill ask just to see, "is there any other way around it?" and she tells me she can switch my plan to a simular plan and it would be activated right away and i can tip away using the internet.. I asked her what the difference is and she tells me that its "practically the same", I asked why a business would have 2 packages that were the same, and she said "I dont know, they just do" so i ask whats in the package.. she tells me i can have any network texts and calls and unlimited data if I top up by 20euro... More than what im already getting!
    "go for it!" i said.. "just hold the line until ive completed the change...... you should receive text messages informing you that your packages are changed, this could take up to 24hours, can i help you with anything else..."

I said "no" and my goodbyes, and from there checked the messages..

The "practically the same" package she put me on was the 'simplicity' package.. 250mb of data.. not only that, but the data just cost me 9.99

I rang CS again and they tell me that i cant be put onto the old plan.. but i can opt in for unlimited internet and texts, but its going to cost me 20euro per month.. thats a tenner more than I was paying before for the internet and i have no credit for calls.

"Can I speak to a supervisor please.." on hold for a few mins until the supervisor came on the line... she was just as helpful as the CS rep before her, explaining that I cant be put back onto the old package, she understands how disgruntled i am.. she understands i was missold a package.. but ive no other options other than to stay with the 250mb package that ive paid a tenner for, or upgrade.

so what was once top up by 20 and get free texts to any network, 9.99 is deducted for 7.5g of data leaving me with a tenner to make any calls i need to has now turned into 20euro for internet and texts and nothing for calls.

I feel cheated.

Whos with what networks and what are the best plans?
    Meteor has lost a long term customer.

The day doesn't seem so bright outside anymore.

/rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dzilla

Im with 3. Free texts/3 to 3 calls / free to other network calls + unlimited internet for 20 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

@dzilla, you basically have free everything for 20euro?
    whats the cap on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

How is this related to Waterford again?

Dat is correct. The fair usage is 15gb

http://www.three.ie/terms-conditions/services/prepay-price-plan-terms-conditions/#20topupup. The fair usage allowance is 15gb

b0ardsUser wrote: »
    How is this related to Waterford again?

Ah go way they are only asking a question.

• Advertisement

ill make it more relevant to waterford so..
    wheres the 3 shop?
    15gig seems fine.. ive a month of internet here to use and then ill be needing a new sim!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Moving to Mobiles forum, from Waterford forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

0rt wrote: »
    wheres the 3 shop?
    15gig seems fine.. ive a month of internet here to use and then ill be needing a new sim!

They don't cut you off after 15g,just to point out.

All they'll do is throttle your speed if you're flying tthrough huge amounts of data, like 100+g

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭SteM

0rt wrote: »
    wheres the 3 shop?

Just be aware that Three say they don't allow tethering for new people signing up - not sure how they know if someone is doing it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

SteM wrote: »
    Just be aware that Three say they don't allow tethering for new people signing up - not sure how they know if someone is doing it though.

They do nothing about it, once you're not downloading massive amounts. I tether all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭SteM

They do nothing about it, once you're not downloading massive amounts. I tether all the time.

Yeah, just making sure 0rt knew all the facts before switching as he specifically mentioned tethering.

What is the coverage like in the waterford region?
    So are they or are they not allowing tethering for new customers? just want to make sure.. ill be going into the shop to confirm it anyway.
    Cheers for the input lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deisedayo

3 have a crap signal for 3g in waterford. I was with them. I left them after a month.

Went to tesco. Great signal

Unlimited any network mins
    Unlimited any network texts
    Unlimited data (15GB). For €25 a month with tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Deisedayo wrote: »
    3 have a crap signal for 3g in waterford. I was with them. I left them after a month.

Went to tesco. Great signal

Unlimited any network mins
    Unlimited any network texts
    Unlimited data (15GB). For €25 a month with tesco

What data speeds are you getting with Tesco though? And is it fully reliable? I left them a bit over a year ago as their data speeds where really not good and Internet access was regularly unavailable do to technical outage (probably still better than Three though). Have been with Meteor and O2 since then and both are definitely doing better (even though O2 is clearly getting worse and worse with data speeds).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deisedayo

Bob24 wrote: »
    What data speeds are you getting with Tesco though? And is it fully reliable? I left them a bit over a year ago as their data speeds where really not good and Internet access was regularly unavailable do to technical outage (probably still better than Three though). Have been with Meteor and O2 since then and both are definitely doing better (even though O2 is clearly getting worse and worse with data speeds).

Im gettin 2 mb on the phone. 3 would nit even work in the house. So far tesco seems ti. E working for me.

Advertisement