Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker Servicing Clare?

• 22-09-2014 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Hi would anyone know of a company or tradesman in Clare that services and repairs gas cookers?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm not sure if he does gas repairs but I couldn't recommend Kieran Ryan highly enough for repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Thanks actually use him for washing machine repairs but afraid he's electric cookers only :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

Hi would anyone know of a company or tradesman in Clare that services and repairs gas cookers?

by law all all repairs/service must be done by a registered gas instaler. if you visit www.rgii.ie you will get a list of same in the clare area. one tip however, if it is an oven problem in a cooker over about 5 years old,dump it! it's probably the thermostat and a new one plus fitting is the price of a new cooker

pilate 1 wrote: »
    by law all all repairs/service must be done by a registered gas instaler. if you visit www.rgii.ie you will get a list of same in the clare area. one tip however, if it is an oven problem in a cooker over about 5 years old,dump it! it's probably the thermostat and a new one plus fitting is the price of a new cooker

Thats what we are thinking, oven is fine its the grill thats the bother, would it be as expensive as the oven I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

Thats what we are thinking, oven is fine its the grill thats the bother, would it be as expensive as the oven I wonder?

it's a tricky one! unless you know exactly whats wrong ie is it gas supply/jet or burner fatigue you will probably have to get an rgi to call and determine. that will cost. then you will have to see can you source/price the parts your'self and if the rgi is comfortable with that .it really depends.my advice is if it is anywhere near 10 years old bite the bullet and buy a new one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I could be completely wrong here and I know nothing about ovens or the prices of stuff, but aren't grills basically just firing out heat from the top down, no real regulation in temp or anything, if anything goes wrong with them, because they are so basic it's usually a big thing. Would getting a George Foreman or something be an option? Probably work out cheaper than getting someone out to have a look (let alone getting it fixed).

Cheers for all your help. Yeah we have mostly decided at this stage to just pick up a new one circa €260 in Currys, with a call out fee and service plus parts prob would end up spending a €100 anyway so may as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the new oven is gas, will you not need an RGI to install it either way?
    Or did you go electric? (Again work may be needed)
    I think Currys charge €130 for a gas install.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If the new oven is gas, will you not need an RGI to install it either way?
    Or did you go electric? (Again work may be needed)
    I think Currys charge €130 for a gas install.

Jaysus I don't know how lads pay that any time we've bought one we werent charged in top of the price and delivery given its only taking a pipe off one and hooking it and fastening clip over it to another!

I'll be fooked if we will be paying that for an install that's for sure. If they refuse to sell unless they install off to one of the Ennis shops we've bought from before.

Advertisement