Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for Eishtec interview

Options
  • 22-09-2014 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Applied for Eishtec a few days ago and got a phone call back today. Basically had a semi-interview that went bad in my opinion.
    I've never had an interview before so I got a bit nervous and could hardly answer the questions she asked.

The woman was asking me what do I know about Eishtec etc.. And I was basically like "Umm it's a call centre... To do with smart phones."

She asked about past jobs and what were the difficult parts etc, and do I have a smart phone and laptop and what do I use them for.

She also asked what kind of pay am I expecting and my dumb reply was "umm I'd be ok with anything really", then I explained to her how I'm currently on jobseekers and it's not ideal.

She said would I be have the time for 4 weeks of training and I said yes. At the end of the call she said she would let me know when the next round of actual interviews are and that was it.
    She didn't sound to hopefully about me though... Or I could just be paranoid.

So basically I'm asking what have people's past experiences with interviews with Eishtec been like?
    What type of questions do they ask in the actual interview?
    How likely am I to get a call back?

I really do want a job... I've applied for a lot of places that I know full well I would be good at... But I know my interview skills are my downfall and I don't want that to affect my chances of getting a job of be good at.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fedela

bump?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Interview Tips

1) Always arrive early don't leave anything to chance, also mention in the interview you did so, shows enthusiasm

2) Your selling yourself so play to your strengths, if they ask you about weaknesses, dont dwell on it, turn a weakness into a positive, you identified it and rectified it and move on

3) make sure your well dressed and don't slouch sit up straight look alert and listen to the questions carefully

4) Know a bit more about the company then just its a call centre for smart phones, research it

5) Know your CV inside out, that's the information your giving them about yourself you need to know it.

6) they may ask you questions about problem solving or difficult customers, make sure you have examples of what you did in the past to resolve a problem yourself so it shows initiative on your part don't leave a question half answered

7) they will ask you at the end do you have any questions for us, make sure you ask a question just to show interest, can be as simple as if im successful when do you envisage my training starting etc etc.

And just remember the interviewers want to hire you for this role there not there to trip you up in anyway you wouldn't have gotten to this point if they didn't, your selling a commodity to them and its you and who better to talk about you then you.

Just keep this in mind what can I bring to this company that will fit the role there interviewing me for and just build on that

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Hey hows it going, I currently work there so here's what I said.

They take calls for an English telephone company (EE) so look them up. Know the difference between like android and apple phones. Say you love working part of a team and love statistics and all that challenge yourself stuff. Maybe mention how you saw Eishtec in the news or something for hiring people on jobseekers.

Other than that best of luck.

P.s It's not that bad of a place to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

or just lie the way they will lie to you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Call centres have a high turnover of staff generally - nothing wrong with that, that's just the industry. A lot of people use it as a job on their way to other things. Some people just find its not their cup of tea. Others love it and thrive on it. Generally you don;t know until you are there for a few weeks.

Do you take abuse personally? - Or are you thick skinned. Some people just want to rant and rave at companies and the call centre staff can get the abuse - Once you understand that its not aimed at you and the abuser is a thick piece of crap with the brain of a pea, and you don;t let the abuse affect you personally, you'll be fine.

You do of course get the nice callers too, but its the few assholes that can do damage to confidence.

In most cases your natural telephone manner is what is noted - everything else can be taught. - Hence the telephone interview may have been better than you thought as they wanted to hear how clear you were at speaking and how confidence your voice sounded rather than your knowledge of specifics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Empathy. Learn the meaning of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Empathy. Learn the meaning of it.

...and learn how to pretend you have it when dealing with abusive customers, too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 serenefairy

I applied online last week and received a call from their Waterford office on Friday just asking general questions like what I know about the company, what good customer service means to me and what I use my smart phone for etc and I have an interview with them tomorrow in Wexford. I am guessing they are focusing on the 4G service a lot from now on so I will be looking into that

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭waterford mma

I think you could go to the interview not knowing how to use a phone and still get the job if you are personable and articulate. They can teach you all you need to know about phones in 4 weeks, they can't really alter your general behaviour and mannerisms in such a small timeframe.

It's just my opinion really but I know I'd prefer to speak to someone friendly, honest and slightly less knowledgeable then someone who can't explain something in simple terms, speaks in a monotone voice or is too proud to tell me when they don't know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Out of interest do they still make you work 80 hours for 2 weeks dole ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Beingnosey92

Hey.. Just wondering does anyone have any information on second interviews for eishtec? They called me this morning and I have one next week. Any information would be greatly appreciated:)

Advertisement