Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oponeo.ie

• 22-09-2014 5:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47

Hello

I am looking for tyres and Oponeo have them about €40-50 cheaper than anywhere has quoted me (245/45/R18 so pricey)

I was wondering has anyone any experience?

Also I see that Eiretyres have "partners" that will accept delivery and then fit for you (prices on the website)

Would these fitters also accept delivery from Oponeo (I'd contact them in advance of ordering obviously).

Oh and last thing, Hankook or Rainsport!!

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Hello

I am looking for tyres and Oponeo have them about €40-50 cheaper than anywhere has quoted me (245/45/R18 so pricey)

I was wondering has anyone any experience?
    All good. Ordered few times, and always received what I asked and paid for.
    Also I see that Eiretyres have "partners" that will accept delivery and then fit for you (prices on the website)
    I wouldn't believe in those partners.
    I went once to few of them, and they never heard of eiretyres.com.
    One when he heard eiretyres said - oh those f€ckers... No way I'll fit any tyres of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Hidden Cyclone

CiniO wrote: »
    All good. Ordered few times, and always received what I asked and paid for

Cheers, good to know. Their prices are really keen
    I wouldn't believe in those partners.
    I went once to few of them, and they never heard of eiretyres.com.
    One when he heard eiretyres said - oh those f€ckers... No way I'll fit any tyres of them.

Wow, I'll be ringing in advance so (and getting tyres delivered to my home address!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Said it before and I'll say it again, I've never had to buy tyres online. Discount tyres in Dublin were always as cheap if not cheaper.

Neilw wrote: »
    Said it before and I'll say it again, I've never had to buy tyres online. Discount tyres in Dublin were always as cheap if not cheaper.

where are they based?

I'm getting quotes of 139 per tyre for Rainsports. Cheapest quote I got in Dublin was 184 (but this includes fitting etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

All good I used them recently and will again, very fast delivery and tyres practically just of the production line.

• Advertisement

where are they based?

I'm getting quotes of 139 per tyre for Rainsports. Cheapest quote I got in Dublin was 184 (but this includes fitting etc)

Blanchardstown, ask for Keith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

+1 for discount tyres. I recently got a set of Goodyears there. Cheaper than openeo, eiretyres and camskill when you include fitting.

They offered to check the alignment for free as there was abnormal wear, but I'd already got it done. Nice bunch of lads too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Bought my last tires there. But I reckon had I shopped around here, I would have gotten them fitted for less. Once you add in the fitting cost that any tire place will charge it may not end up be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Just got my rainsports from Camskill - worked out cheaper than Oponeo (who I've used in the past without issue).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I bought a full set of Goodyears from Discount Tyres this year - pair of fronts in March, pair of rears 4 weeks ago. Both times they price matched Camskill (including the delivery cost) and both times I got a €20 rebate thanks to a Goodyear offer. I'll be using them again in the future. I bought tyres from Eiretyres about 2/3 years ago and had them fitted locally for €10/corner; never used their partner system.

• Advertisement

kdevitt wrote: »
    Just got my rainsports from Camskill - worked out cheaper than Oponeo (who I've used in the past without issue).

Pretty much the same price as oponeo for mine. Delivery makes them slightly more expensive.

I'll give Discount Tyres a ring this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Got 2 UniRoyal Rainsports (205/50/16 - unusual size so generally dearer than the more common 205/55/16) for a very good price front of of my car and still have plenty of life left in them 11000 miles later.

Quick delivery from Oponeo too and got them fitted for €10 each.

jprboy wrote: »
    Quick delivery from Oponeo too and got them fitted for €10 each.

Was this Dublin?

If so where fitted them? Thanks

My (rear wheel) Hankooks have done about 50,000km and are still above the legal limit, but are getting to replacement stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

stimpson wrote: »
    +1 for discount tyres. I recently got a set of Goodyears there. Cheaper than openeo, eiretyres and camskill when you include fitting.

They offered to check the alignment for free as there was abnormal wear, but I'd already got it done. Nice bunch of lads too.
    Pretty much the same price as oponeo for mine. Delivery makes them slightly more expensive.

I'll give Discount Tyres a ring this week

Nice to hear there are places like that, but if I account cost of fuel to drive 600km (300km each way) to Blanchardstown I'm sure that wouldn't come cheaper than buying online :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

I'm seriously considering setting up a tyre-fitting depot just to fit and balance tyres people have bought themselves tbh. I have the spare space in a well known industrial estate and have been almost always less than impressed with the service from tyre fitters we use, them supplying and fitting the tyres.

To cap it all, one car we use came back today with a new tyre fitted -had fresh tyres, one got torn and needed replacing - I drove to Dublin in it, wheel not balanced, one stud wrung and the car driving like a shaky bag of shyte. Cannot.be.that.hard, ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I cannot imagine that tyre fitting/balancing equipment being cheap to buy, would you actually make ends meet by just fitting and balancing tyres bought elsewhere? You also have to contend with mobile tyre fitters who are popping up around the place now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

There certainly is room for many mobile fitters operating a fit what you bring type of service.

Was this Dublin?

If so where fitted them? Thanks

My (rear wheel) Hankooks have done about 50,000km and are still above the legal limit, but are getting to replacement stage

No, Kilkenny

Nice to hear there are places like that, but if I account cost of fuel to drive 600km (300km each way) to Blanchardstown I'm sure that wouldn't come cheaper than buying online :)

Yep, many of us don't have an outfit like Discount Tyres near us or much choice when it comes to what our local tyre merchants offer in terms of brand.

I can choose exactly what I want online, know I will get what I request, know they will be much cheaper than buying the equivalent locally (which is generally not available anyway) and have someone dependable who is willing to fit them for €10 a corner.

jprboy wrote: »
    No, Kilkenny

That's where the in laws are from

Can you share the name of the fitter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I tried him before but I don't think he was interested in business as I sent him two pms on Autostadt plus two phone calls and never received a reply.

Truckermal wrote: »
    I tried him before but I don't think he was interested in business as I sent him two pms on Autostadt plus two phone calls and never received a reply.

Maybe he was away. I or anyone I know have never had a problem contacting him.

That's where the in laws are from

Can you share the name of the fitter?

Pit Lane Tyres (location is on the Castlecomer Road/Hebron Road roundabout) very near McDonagh Junction.

No affiliation with Pat apart from the fact that I've gone to him a few times.

http://www.google.ie/url?url=http://www.goldenpages.ie/pit-lane-tyres-kilkenny/1/&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=DmghVKy3OI3g7QbQnIDgCw&ved=0CBIQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFzHogk7lBWuXizEH2_E981eEikyA

Advertisement