Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for querying a score on a picture

Options
  • 22-09-2014 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

This has to be the silliest and mist unnecessary ban ever, badly handled and smacks of over indulgence

I have been banned for one day for the grievous crime of commenting on a pic in the soccer humour thread
    The pic showed text saying man u got beat 5-1 and all I did was say "err was it not 5-3?"

Now come on, that is the maddest thing Ive ever heard.
    Not swearing, not attacking , not trolling, I just cant think of any possible reasonable explanation of why I was banned

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Did you contact the mod who banned you?

The rules seem pretty clear -

Thread title: The Humour Thread **Chat/Discussion = 24 Hour Ban Mod Note Post 1
    OP wrote:
    From here on in there is a NO chat rule and it will be enforced with a 24 hour ban, repeat offenders will be given a longer ban. You will not be carded and the ban will not effect the current cards = bans mechanism in the Soccer Forum, take it as a slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Mr E wrote: »
    Did you contact the mod who banned you?

The rules seem pretty clear -

Thread title: The Humour Thread **Chat/Discussion = 24 Hour Ban Mod Note Post 1

Yes I did. He just said he was upholding it.
    And I did not "chat" I made a comment

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Over to the CMods so...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You comment was chat. The rule was introduced to stop posters "commenting" on other posts in the thread. You post was in direct contravention of the rule - all you had to do was keep you comment to yourself

Ban upheld

You may ask an Admin to review this decision if you wish

Advertisement