Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre pay card

Options
  • 22-09-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭

Hi. I am having a prepay meter installed tomorrow. The card came in the post last week. Do i top it up before the installation or do I have to wait for it to be installed first. Tia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi alie,

Thanks for your post. 

You wouldn't have to top it up before installation, as there will be a certain amount of credit already on the meter (for information on emergency credit and credit-friendly hours, see our FAQs here).

Pay-as-you-go customers can top up online, or at any Payzone or PayPoint outlets. 

If you have any other questions please do let us know.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I am in arrears so dont want to dive straight into the emergency credit? Just wondering if the man has to register it on the machine first? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Tia,

You should wait until your prepay meter is installed before you purchase credit on your card. The technician installing your meter will need to enter a code into the machine to activate it before you can buy top-ups. If you've any further questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Thanks very much
    Tia= Thanks in advance, lol:)

Advertisement