Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matching radio freq

• 22-09-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

I'm new to radios in general but come from an IT background.

Basically there is a set of lidl 2 ways on site and I wish to add to them. Am I right that if I get a different brand of radio but in the same freq with same number of channels I should come across the other units?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Short answer, Yes

Long Answer, Yes

PMR 446MHz is a standard across any 8 channel radio sold by Aldi, Lidl, Argos, Maplin.

If the existing radios have CTCSS (sometimes referred to as sub code/privacy code, sub channel) enabled, apply the same settings to the additional radios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes.
    Or you can turn off selcall.

If it's CE (The Lidl ones are) and not an illegal imported FRS, they are all identical.
    The vox on my Lidl ones is good. I have a pair in the car for emergencies and handy for aligning aerials/dishes as if dropped it's not too much a loss. Leave batteries out when not using or they run them down.

There is very little difference between €20 and €200 models. None allow a separate aerial and all are the same transmit power.

There is no privacy nor extra channels. Simply turning of the Selective Calling lets you hear any channel, as can a Scanner. The marketing and manuals of some makes are misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

thanks guys!

Yeh they are SilverCrest Twin Talkers 4810 a re badged version of another one.

Now I can sped my £20 in good faith :)

Really appreciate it guys!

Huh so this means I can listen into other teams also :)

So just to finish this off once and for all, I bought a 16 channel raido.
    Could not get it to match the 8 channel so I waited and wait and waited and finally Lidl got the 8 channel silver crest ones back in stock. Shocking quality and no volume control and the ear pieces made my ear bleed but they work! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

$ausage$ wrote: »
    ... I bought a 16 channel raido.
    Could not get it to match the 8 channel ...
    Then it wasn't a standard PMR446 CE Marked radio. Is it even 446MHz or a USA FRS (illegal here) or a low power 864-868 "SRD" type approved CE?

watty wrote: »
    Then it wasn't a standard PMR446 CE Marked radio. Is it even 446MHz or a USA FRS (illegal here) or a low power 864-868 "SRD" type approved CE?

HaHa Watty it could have been a cup and string fro all I know about it! but if you wish I will take a few snaps or find out when I go home.

Advertisement