Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HKC sabb problem

• 22-09-2014 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I bought a risco system recently but with a HKC sabb and I am having trouble getting it installed. When I try to set the alarm, the keypad is telling me there is a problem with the bell tamper. The LEDs on the bell blink like they are supposed to but it just wont set for me.

I am fairly sure that the problem is with the tamper resistor because I was a bit unsure about the instructions. The instructions seem to show a resister between the two terminals, but also one on the tamper return wire. Im probably doing something stupid but I think I have tried all combinations.

Anyone know what Im doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭kub

You only need one resistor, the resistance value going back to your panel is wrong therefore the panel is registering a fault with it.

If the second resistor is in your panel just remove it and connect the return cable on its own into the relevant terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 abront

and where should the resistor go exactly?
    on the instructions it looks like there is one resister between tamper terminals
    then another on the cable coming from the left tamper terminal

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Seq uence

The Risco use 2 2k2 resistors.
    1 in series with the tamper return from the external bell & one across bell + & - .
    Its on the PCB diagram that comes with the installation manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 abront

Seq uence wrote: »
    The Risco use 2 2k2 resistors.
    1 in series with the tamper return from the external bell & one across bell + & - .
    Its on the PCB diagram that comes with the installation manual.

Ye, that is how I have it at the minute. I must be doing something else wrong somewhere else. Time to call in the experts perhaps. Would every alarm installer be familiar with the risco system or are they a fairly uncommon alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Seq uence

<mod edit, comment removed adds nothing to the desired spirit of the forum>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭altor

abront wrote: »
    Ye, that is how I have it at the minute. I must be doing something else wrong somewhere else. Time to call in the experts perhaps. Would every alarm installer be familiar with the risco system or are they a fairly uncommon alarm?

Can you post a picture of both the panel and bell connections so we can help you wire it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 theronburke

hi sorry to come into this old post hope you don’t mind I’ve a HKC 1070 alarm panel and I’ve 2 sabb external bell boxes wired back to the panel front and back…

On the manual of the sabb it shows a diagram on how to wire 2 together but it looks like you loop one to the other but in this case I’ve 2 separate 6 cores back to the panel would anyone know how this is done and would have a small sketch to help me please any help would be grateful thanks.

Kind regards 

John

The manual way is not great.

If you have a spare zone, wire the second bell tamper into the tamper side of that

• Registered Users Posts: 3 theronburke

I definitely have spare zones tks so much never thought that way I will do that.

Thanks for the reply and help 👍🏻

• Advertisement
Advertisement