Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring iOS app from one account to another and related issues

Options
  • 22-09-2014 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can advise on the following.

Dev builds a iOS app and deploys to store in their name. Then dev vanishes or at least is uncontactable.

Company then gets another app built and deployed to store. There are now 2 apps for same company in store causing confusion.

I know there is a way to transfer apps from one account to another assuming that both accounts agree to it.

My question is twofold:

Is there a dispute process to force a transfer if the original dev is unresponsive (there is a possibilty that he is no longer on this earth)?

If a transfer is agreed, is there any way when the app is transferred that it can set so existing users will be 'forced' to upgrade to the "newer" app? Almost as if it is an older version of the existing app.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It's not straight forward. You will have to go legal. As a developer, you can't do anything by yourself.

Something similar happened in our company for android. We outsourced an RSA-style authenticator which we eventually dropped support for, but also ended our contract with the outsourcing crowd. When we developed our actual mobile app in-house, the old authenticator app was always the first hit in the google play store (and with terrible ratings, as it was only supported up to 2.3).

Unfortunately, our product manager (who dealt with our solicitors) left the company recently so I can't give a more detailed answer than that. Sorry.

Advertisement