Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Fashion Advice Needed! Do these go with this?!??

• 23-09-2014 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Hope it's ok to ask for advice like this... if not, mods can delete.

Anyway, I'm just wondering what you lovely people think of these shoes with this dress... I'm so not a Fashionista, so would appreciate any opinions. I've lost a considerable amount of weight and have a big occasion coming up and I fell in love with this dress and just want it all to look right on the night :o
    Anyways, what do ye think? :)

dress_shoes.jpg

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Love the dress & well done on the weight loss. I like the shoe colour, but I'd go for a more classy version of the shoes. Kate Midleton is very fond of an LK Bennett pair that look like this

kate-pumps-01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I think the dress would go with the ankle-strap shoes, if you can do it with panache and confidence.

But between the floral pattern and the double straps, that's really enough decoration on you. No more frilling up, maybe one plain pair of earstuds, clean shiny hair, thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

dudara wrote: »
    Love the dress & well done on the weight loss. I like the shoe colour, but I'd go for a more classy version of the shoes. Kate Midleton is very fond of an LK Bennett pair that look like this

kate-pumps-01.jpg

Thanks a million. I see where you're coming from and I would go for that style only I feel better in a shoe if I'm 'held in', if you know what I mean :o

katemarch wrote: »
    I think the dress would go with the ankle-strap shoes, if you can do it with panache and confidence.

But between the floral pattern and the double straps, that's really enough decoration on you. No more frilling up, maybe one plain pair of earstuds, clean shiny hair, thats it.

Thanks katemarch, yep, I reckon too that'll be enough going on. My hair is relatively short, so as you say, just have that nice and clean & shiny! ;)
    Will need a simple bag too, same colour as shoes and that'll do me :)

Cheers for taking the time to reply ladies x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Honestly I think that dress is too long to wear those particular shoes. The high ankle strap will make your legs appear shorter IMO and the t strap over your foot is too much detail for the dress. I think those shoes would be lovely with a shorter skater type dress but not that one.

If you want a shoe that is more secure then I would go with a Mary Jane style, with a low strap, similar to these

christian-louboutin-nude-charlene-mary-jane-red-sole-pump-product-1-14061065-705578646_large_flex.jpeg

Advertisement