Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anywhere in Dublin sell tuna steaks?

Options
  • 23-09-2014 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi
    I was having a look in a few supermarkets today for tuna steaks and couldn't find any. I was looking for fresh but frozen would do. Would I have to go to an actual fishmonger for them? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from F&D.

tHB

Any decent independent fishmonger should have them. Possibly also the fishmonger's counter in the better supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Marks and spencer have them in the fresh fish section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

My local Tesco, Dunnes and Super Valu all have them

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rachblue

Thanks everyone. I looked in the marks and Spencer's near the IFSC and the supervalu on Talbot street and fresh as well but I'd probably need to go to bigger ones. I'll try again. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fallon & Byrne in the city centre do them definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Wrights of Howth have a branch in Fairview (It's across the road from the playground in the park.) I don't know if they have as big a selection of fish as their main shop out in Howth does, but it could be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

Kish fish in smithfield?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Wrights of Howth have a branch in Fairview (It's across the road from the playground in the park.) I don't know if they have as big a selection of fish as their main shop out in Howth does, but it could be worth a look.

I've seen tuna steaks for sale there, though whether thay have them all the time, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭thejaguar

They tend to sell out pretty quickly in my local fishmonger in Rathfarnham.

Probably worht dropping into wrights and seeing what they have and when they think the might get them if they've none.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rachblue

thejaguar wrote: »
    They tend to sell out pretty quickly in my local fishmonger in Rathfarnham.

Probably worht dropping into wrights and seeing what they have and when they think the might get them if they've none.

Yeah I might pop out to howth at the weekend, I don't live that far. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement