Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 Screen protectors which ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

I have zagg on all my iphones over the past years......they do 50% specials every now and then,(just google zagg discount or LIKE on FB)
    My last HD screen protector from zagg I bought 2 years ago for my iphone 5....when I got my iphone 5s I took the screen protector from the 5 and just put it on the 5s... I was going to change it for a new one put it went on the 2nd iphone perfect..
    They also do a lifetime guarantee...... u can request a replacement for "free" providing u send back the old one!!

When I say "free" they say they have small postage fee ...no idea what it is though as I have never availed of it!!!

I bought the new HDX screen protector for my iphone6 plus....couldn't find any specials and I needed it asap cost 25euro...
    its like theres nothing on the screen and it feels like the original screen.......looks like a sheet of glass, shatter protection as well..

you wont be disappointed ....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi so I'm after ordering an iPhone 6 and want to put a screen protector on it, now I had a Moshi ivisor on my 5 and 4s, which are easy to apply, but no sign of a release date for the iPhone 6, just wondering any other ones that you can get on bubble free like the ivisior?
    Went for one of these cases as well http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-iPhone-Hybrid-CUSHION-SGP10952/dp/B00JH88BTI/ref=pd_bxgy_computers_text_y

Got to protect my baby :)

im using that case too, in clear form. Havent out a screen protector on yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

kceire wrote: »

There's a huge problem with the screens on the iPhone 6 and plus. Because the screen goes to the edge you can't get one that covers it 100% as otherwise it will peel at the edges. So basically zagg etc and the rest of them have released protectors that cover the majority of the screen but look awful. Think I'll skip a protector this time and get a flip case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Blazer wrote: »
    There's a huge problem with the screens on the iPhone 6 and plus. Because the screen goes to the edge you can't get one that covers it 100% as otherwise it will peel at the edges. So basically zagg etc and the rest of them have released protectors that cover the majority of the screen but look awful. Think I'll skip a protector this time and get a flip case

Yeah was reading some reviews on Amazon stating that they don't cover the screen fully, it's a pity Apple didn't go with the saphire glass it would have made screen protectors a thing of the past!

kceire wrote: »

I went for the same how do you find it? Does it fit the phone ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yeah was reading some reviews on Amazon stating that they don't cover the screen fully, it's a pity Apple didn't go with the saphire glass it would have made screen protectors a thing of the past!

Still don't see the need for them.

Do you really think they stop screens smashing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I went for the same how do you find it? Does it fit the phone ok?

Absolutely perfect.
    It clips in and out easily enough.

It has just enough of a grip to make using one hand easy enough too.
    Its clear so shows off whatever colour you go for.

its just a shame though, as the 6 looks so fcuking good, the case ruins the look. But by god i wont go without a case as i do drop my phones every now and again!

I bought 2 cases
    the leather apple one

and this one
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-iPhone-Hybrid-Gunmetal-SGP11064/dp/B00LLGLR18/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1411486751&sr=1-1&keywords=spigen+neo+hybrid+iphone+6+plus

Iam sending the apple leather one back.....Its a really good fit and feels great...but has ZERO protection at the base where speaker/charge/headphone are

The spigen is also a very nice fit covers the glass a millimetre or so and the zagg as above poster said is "case friendly" screen protector
    and is about 2 millimetres away from the spigen case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

murpho999 wrote: »

It doesn't. Sapphire will make the screen scratch resistant. Like a watch face.

But you never drop a watch on it's face from height. Sapphire cracks and shatters very easily. There's no such thing as a free lunch!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I bought one of these and some other cheapie case to try out.

I won't be using the protector though. Could never use one and have never yet scratched a screen.

The plan is to get the leather one down the line as I love it on my iPhone 5. I see there's an area not protected on the 6 that was on the 5 - interesting. At the same time though it's not a corner and it would be a strange drop to land a device there.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »

No I don't believe that protectors stop screens smashing but they stop scratches to the screen, might take out AppleCare as I think they cover 2 accidental damage incidents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Bough a 5 pack from a guy on Adverts, 2 euros, arrived today. Excellent quality. Will certainly do for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Ordered a cheap set from deal extreme to tie me over for now, got this case too for only €3.09 delivered, bargain, has a stand too which will be handy for watching videos.

Dades wrote: »
    I bought one of these and some other cheapie case to try out.

I won't be using the protector though. Could never use one and have never yet scratched a screen.

The plan is to get the leather one down the line as I love it on my iPhone 5. I see there's an area not protected on the 6 that was on the 5 - interesting. At the same time though it's not a corner and it would be a strange drop to land a device there.

have the apple leather case and it's annoying as hell..the part where the case stops at the bottom cuts into your pinkie as you're resting half of it on the bottom of the iphone.. time to look for another one.

looks like Spigen has a glass screen protector with rounded edges which would be flush with the iphone 6 display..out around the end of the month,

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-6/iphone-6-plus-screen-protector-glas-tr-slim.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No I don't believe that protectors stop screens smashing but they stop scratches to the screen, might take out AppleCare as I think they cover 2 accidental damage incidents

Had two iPhones so far an never got a scratch on them in the 5 years I've had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Do people really still use screen protectors??

I haven't put a screen protector on my phone since the iphone 3. Had iphone 4 and 5 without screen protectors and both in flawless condition zero scratches. Phone screens don't scratch anymore these days.

Blazer wrote: »
    have the apple leather case and it's annoying as hell..the part where the case stops at the bottom cuts into your pinkie as you're resting half of it on the bottom of the iphone.. time to look for another one.

looks like Spigen has a glass screen protector with rounded edges which would be flush with the iphone 6 display..out around the end of the month,

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-6/iphone-6-plus-screen-protector-glas-tr-slim.html

Sending my leather one back to apple for refund....didn't like the zero protection on the bottom!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 freelife2014

yeah,I just got my i phone 6 and also want a screen protector for it.

cramp wrote: »
    Sending my leather one back to apple for refund....didn't like the zero protection on the bottom!!!!!
    Isn't there protection on the corners where it's really needed? Is there any other reason you're sending it back?

These reports are making me think twice!

Dades wrote: »
    Isn't there protection on the corners where it's really needed? Is there any other reason you're sending it back?

These reports are making me think twice!

No corners are all covered it's a really super fit
    But at the bottom where there is no protection I can see it getting badly marked over the next year
    And at 50euro I don't think it's worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

From MacRumours. You can get 85% all screen protectors (including a tempered glass one for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus) on XtremeGuard.

Discount code is Perfect85Off.

Shipping is only $5 and good reviews over on MR so gave it a shot.

how do people not scratch their screens? I had a iphone 5 and it was badly scratched from general use..same for the iphone 5. Then again I just had an ordinary case so no protection for the screen in my pocket.

What else did you keep in the same pocket?

By forming a habit of having nothing harder than a wine gum in my pocket at the same time as my phone I've never scratched an iPhone in 6 years. It's instinct at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've been looking around a lot since ordering my iPhone 6 but haven't found anything that suits. The curved glass at the edges means the screen protectors only cover the flat part, which looks bad imo.

I've always used screen protectors since the 3GS and with my 6 due Friday I don't know what to do. Bit late to get one now but even then it's a disaster if I get a scratch on the screen. I just don't trust myself. :D

Still waiting on the Spigen case I want to come back in stock on Amazon. So annoying, but there's no way I'm paying Apple €35 + €5 delivery for a piece of silicone. Well designed but not worth it, Spigen has my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I have this on order. Due today or tomorrow.

Has rounded edges and as hard as the Spigen one, but only a tenner delivered.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00NEN8F02

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Do people really still use screen protectors??

I haven't put a screen protector on my phone since the iphone 3. Had iphone 4 and 5 without screen protectors and both in flawless condition zero scratches. Phone screens don't scratch anymore these days.

This. I didn't put a screen protector on my iPhone 5 that I have since launches and Ive no scratches. Screen protectors look ugly IMO and due to their nature, scratch easily.

I bought a tie-me-over transparent silicon case for my 5 which ended being the case I used since. Ordered something similar for the 6

I do wish phone manufacturers would make it so phones didn't need cases!

Advertisement