Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible Live - Sat 13th Dec - Olympia Theatre

Options
  • 23-09-2014 7:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

10629810_10152413757166089_8006412168766625157_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It's there best album by a mile. Still, not overly pushed on this format. Paint by numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    It's there best album by a mile. Still, not overly pushed on this format. Paint by numbers.

They'll play tracks that have never been heard live.

It'll be like the JFPL touur in 2009 - first half will be the album in full, second half will be a 15 song greatest hits set.

Week before Xmas- I'm sold!

I'm not complaining. I remember seeing them at Feile in Tipperary. I was at the front and hated them. They blew me away that day, instant fan.

I'm not complaining. I remember seeing them at Feile in Tipperary. I was at the front and hated them. They blew me away that day, instant fan.

That's class! Was it before or after Richey?

That's class! Was it before or after Richey?

Oh before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Saw them doing the same thing in the Olympia for Journal For Plague Lovers when it first came out and it was excellent... so expecting nothing short of greatness for this. Can't wait.

The Intense Humming of Evil... that should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I can't bloody wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

oh nursey!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

This is going to melt my head, was going to buy tickets for Scala and then The Manics announce this????,decisions . decisions, aaaaghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PCP live makes me wet

Holy sh*tballs - JUST THINKING ABOUT IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Will be coming home for this - seen them in Luxembourg and they restored my faith in them.

Last few times i seen them before lux was at european festivals and was very disappointed.

Will be coming home for this - seen them in Luxembourg and they restored my faith in them.

Last few times i seen them before lux was at european festivals and was very disappointed.

To be expected at European festivals.

This one though, in the intimate surroundings of the Olympia, will be one for the fanatics :)

Reminder just put in calendar at work and moved a meeting so can get tickets. Aint missing this

Just picturing the opening riff of 'Yes' and everyone going crazy makes me sooo excited

Flights booked - sweet

Saturday night too so no shortage of places to go in Dublin after the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

If I want to get standing tickets for this I assume I better get in their quick sharp on Friday morning?

BPKS wrote: »
    If I want to get standing tickets for this I assume I better get in their quick sharp on Friday morning?

Yep I'd expect them to go immediately

Yeah would expect the standing tickets to sell out immediately too. Have moved a meeting here so i can be online to get them tomorrow morning

How much we expected them to be?

• Advertisement

Scratch that €39.50 standing - €44.05 sitting

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Is there any info on a presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Exact same thing happened me at that gig :). Great show and great Feile in general that year. Only vid i could ever find from the gig

Exact same thing happened me at that gig :). Great show and great Feile in general that year. Only vid i could ever find from the gig

Wow...thanks for that!

Was there too - sound engineer having a mare there. Had Richey as lead guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Ha ha, yeah that happened a bit at festivals i think, heard some brutal examples of it before.

This vid is probably more appropriate for a Holy Bible gig thread though

Ha ha, yeah that happened a bit at festivals i think, heard some brutal examples of it before.

This vid is probably more appropriate for a Holy Bible gig thread though

What a f*cking band

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

I would love to go to this but NONE of my friends like them - I'm half thinking of just going anyway by myself - would that be weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I would love to go to this but NONE of my friends like them - I'm half thinking of just going anyway by myself - would that be weird?

Nope, why miss it

• Advertisement

It would be stranger if thats the reason you wouldn't go.

Been to loads of festivals and gigs on my own and always meet like minded people. Dont regret not going.

Advertisement