Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible Live - Sat 13th Dec - Olympia Theatre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Yeah you're probably right.
    I just always feel a bit weird going places like that by myself...I think it can be different for men!
    I'll be coming from Meath so I'll have to stay the night too, hmmmmm I'll need to have a think tonight

Would REALLY love to go to this, it would be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Im coming over from Luxembourg for it and will be in foggy dew before it for few beers so if want to meet up i will be there. If going i would look at hotels/hostels already as it been xmas party season might be already filling up in the city.
    I will just crash in mates gaff for the wend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I just always feel a bit weird going places like that by myself...I think it can be different for men!
    I'll be coming from Meath so I'll have to stay the night too, hmmmmm I'll need to have a think tonight

Hello. I was reading boards and came across your post. I'm not a fan of MSP. I just wanted to say please don't miss out on seeing them because there's no one to accompany you. I wanted to go to a gig a few years ago but no one to accompany me and I almost didn't get a ticket but I did and I went. It was for the Buble gig in 2010 and I had an absolute blast in Dublin. I had a few worries leading up to the gig but in hindsight I was worrying for nothing.

The Olympia is a concert venue. On the day of the concert, just take your place in standing or sitting and there's nothing to it. If you get a sitting ticket, it's just like going to the cinema.
    Going to gigs alone is now my preferred

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

going to a gig alone is my preferred choice because i can enjoy the music without having anyone yap in my ear.

Yeah you're all right, think I'll get myself a ticket tomorrow if I can get online before they all go!

Thanks all

• Advertisement

Im coming over from Luxembourg for it and will be in foggy dew before it for few beers so if want to meet up i will be there. If going i would look at hotels/hostels already as it been xmas party season might be already filling up in the city.
    I will just crash in mates gaff for the wend.

Ah that's nice of you thanks - I'll let you know nearer the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

If you're looking for a gig buddy, you could also try Gigonometry:

http://www.meetup.com/gigonometry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Any idea if they're playing the album and that's it? Or will be they doing another 'encore' set for last half an hour maybe, as happens a lot of the time? I do like the idea of just turn up, perform the album and they're gone. But I also want to hear some songs from Futurology and whatever else you're having yourself!

By the way, what are people's thoughts in general on the 'album gig' and have many of you seen these kind of shows? I saw Lou Reed doing Berlin in Cork a few years ago. Decent show but he did play a greatest hits set at the end to keep us all happy going home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Any idea if they're playing the album and that's it? Or will be they doing another 'encore' set for last half an hour maybe, as happens a lot of the time? I do like the idea of just turn up, perform the album and they're gone. But I also want to hear some songs from Futurology and whatever else you're having yourself!

By the way, what are people's thoughts in general on the 'album gig' and have many of you seen these kind of shows? I saw Lou Reed doing Berlin in Cork a few years ago. Decent show but he did play a greatest hits set at the end to keep us all happy going home!

Every band I have seen doing one of these has done the greatest hits as well, you kind of have to. I like the idea, especially if it is a great album.

Will defo be a greatest hits set also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, saw both Blondie play 'Parallel Lines' and the Pixies play 'Doolittle' and they both played greatest hits sets after.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Told the boss I'll be in late tomorrow, my alarm is set and my credit card is primed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Managed to grab two standing, really looking forward to this

Wahhooooooooo got myself a seated ticket, row B - couldn't be happier :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

All the standing gone at 09.03. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Standing gone already :(

Got 4 standing - sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

sold out quicker than I thought

fúckkk

I assumed standing would be the cheapest so went with that and it brought me to restricted view seating, by the time i went back around it was gone :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Bagged 2 x standing. Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Jesus that was squeaky bum time there for a while. Got two standing but nearly messed it up cos I had to set up a new account. The relief! Can't wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

This is going to be either amazing or tragic. Based on the Journal for Plague Lovers gig and all my previous times seeing them at the Olympia I'm leaning towards amazing.

Of course if they play a greatest hits set after and play the Steps sampling it's not war....shudder

Its gonna be a nice xmas present to myself - cant wait

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Its gonna be a nice xmas present to myself - cant wait

Livid with TM, 8 per person is outeageous, touts will be laughing. Best available were apparently upper circle yet 10 mins later a friend got standing.

I hope they do a second

Livid with TM, 8 per person is outrageous, touts will be laughing. Best available were apparently upper circle yet 10 mins later a friend got standing.

I hope they do a second

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

it's a shame we can't deal directly with the Olympia anymore :( stupid TM. Oh and they're already up on Viagogo for more than twice the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Jaysus I was dragged into a boardroom compliance issue and left the cleaner to book my tickets - she actually got me tickets! 2 standing daisies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

My computer had to restart and I forgot about it until a few minutes after 9. I still got Upper Circle tickets but at least I got tickets. The view may not be great but I've found if the gig is good, you don't mind too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Wait

Says this

Section

GROUNDRow56Seats2 - 3

is that still standing?

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »
    My computer had to restart and I forgot about it until a few minutes after 9. I still got Upper Circle tickets but at least I got tickets. The view may not be great but I've found if the gig is good, you don't mind too much.

It's the manics so I'll enjoy it nonetheless, but I just can't believe they had 8 tickets per person available for what was going to be a big demand gig. That there are at least 20 tix on viagogo already says it all

Advertisement