Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible Live - Sat 13th Dec - Olympia Theatre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Got 2 standing, Revol and PCP are gonna be mental! Better get a few legs into the miles in the run up to that gig or it'll be a trip to the physio on the Monday morning!

Wait

Says this

Section

GROUNDRow56Seats2 - 3

is that still standing?

Yes. They obviously just have to number standing tickets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Wait

Says this

Section

GROUNDRow56Seats2 - 3

is that still standing?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

YESSSSS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 retinalcircus

Literally going to take off into space during this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Myself and a couple of friends got 2 standing tickets each. What time will the Manics be on stage, ticket says 7pm, or is that just doors open at 7pm?

rok wrote: »
    Myself and a couple of friends got 2 standing tickets each. What time will the Manics be on stage, ticket says 7pm, or is that just doors open at 7pm?

Wouldn't worry about that until closer to the date they will release stage times then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Doors at 7 though there will probably be people queuing well before that to get into the pit section.

How cool would it be if we had an old skool support?

King Adora or My Vitriol would be CLASS

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Got 2 standing this morning! Is there any idea how fast it sold out as they seemed to just vanish within minutes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

When I tried to buy at 9.02, the standing were all gone...thankfully, my friend managed to get two standing. I can't wait, it's going to be unbelieveable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I set an alarm to remind me that these were going on sale because i'd be in full "work mode". Of course, the alarm never went off!

I managed to get one seated ticket! F*ck it, i'll go on my own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I set an alarm to remind me that these were going on sale because i'd be in full "work mode". Of course, the alarm never went off!

I managed to get one seated ticket! F*ck it, i'll go on my own :)

I'm going on my own too, no one else wanted to go so I also said - F*ck it! Will be too good to miss :)

Lads and lasses we should arrange a pre gig sesh - im going with my missus but would love to pre gargle with fellow Manics fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Since i'm going on my own, i'd love nothing better than a pre-gig sesh ha!

Ah that's a great idea! I'd love that - this is going to be a great night :D

There was talk of the foggy dew, I'd be up for that, great spot

I'd love to hear this, one of my all time favorite covers, its one of those rare covers that blows the original away

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Yeah myself and few friends will be in the foggy dew before the gig for pints.

Foggy will probably be packed -Temple Bar on a Saturday night is asking for trouble!

• Advertisement

Ha ha, yeah that happened a bit at festivals i think, heard some brutal examples of it before.

This vid is probably more appropriate for a Holy Bible gig thread though

Foggy will probably be packed -Temple Bar on a Saturday night is asking for trouble!

Aint lived in Dublin for ten years so only really remember that boozer near the venue. Is there anywhere close by albeit ten minutes walk with decent tunes and good booze. Reckon town will be manic anyway with so close to Xmas and company parties and the like on.

not sure about music but the Porter House has great booze...pint of plain is delish

Saw them in the Olympia around this time 12 months ago. Myself and my childhood best friend. We are 27 now so big 90’s kids, all those childhood memories of sunny days and the radio blaring, one of the best nights of my life seeing them.

We were stuck in the seating area but it was still brilliant. Looking forward to more of the same !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

2nd Holy Bible tour gig sorted.
    First one was awesome, Richey, Louise Wener,camouflage, bruises, lost watch.

2nd Holy Bible tour gig sorted.
    First one was awesome, Richey, Louise Wener,camouflage, bruises, lost watch.

This is my dilemma, as a teenager, after Richey went I was firmly in the belief they should have called it a day. I bought Everything Must Go grudgingly as Richey was credited on 4 or 5 tracks. After that it was never the same for me and I never really listened to any of the albums since.

I had plenty of opportunities to see them since but turned them down, but this being the Holy Bible I couldn't pass it up. Now I'd be delighted if the encore consists only of tracks from Generation Terrorists & Gold Against the Soul and the likes of New Art Riot/Suicide is Painless/Motown Junk.

Then again maybe I'm taking it too seriously. After all they also promised they were going to pack it in after making their first album! And I've stopped writing 4REAL in permanent pen (what, I was afraid of blood:D) on my arm too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

BPKS wrote: »
    This is my dilemma, as a teenager, after Richey went I was firmly in the belief they should have called it a day. I bought Everything Must Go grudgingly as Richey was credited on 4 or 5 tracks. After that it was never the same for me and I never really listened to any of the albums since.

I had plenty of opportunities to see them since but turned them down, but this being the Holy Bible I couldn't pass it up. Now I'd be delighted if the encore consists only of tracks from Generation Terrorists & Gold Against the Soul and the likes of New Art Riot/Suicide is Painless/Motown Junk.

Then again maybe I'm taking it too seriously. After all they also promised they were going to pack it in after making their first album! And I've stopped writing 4REAL in permanent pen (what, I was afraid of blood:D) on my arm too!

1994 was a fair while ago. Theyre a totally different band and have probably forgotten how to play most of those era songs.

Im not expecting Richey era gig, im expecting a fantastically tight band play their interpretation of one of the most intense albums ever mass marketed.

Itll still be a special one tho.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I'd love to hear this, one of my all time favorite covers, its one of those rare covers that blows the original away

If they perform this I might actually wet myself. It's my favourite and gives me tingles.

Apologies in advance to the people in seats B2 and B4...

Reckon town will be manic anyway

Pun intended? :D

Pun intended? :D

Of course - good spot

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »

I hope you didn't miss out on Journal for Plague Lovers. If you did go get it toot sweet, it is absolutely amazing.

Advertisement