Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible Live - Sat 13th Dec - Olympia Theatre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Great band live but my only complaint is that their gigs are far too short.
    Should be playing at least 2 hours plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nellymouzer

Damn balls mc ****! Had no idea this was coming up! anyone selling a ticket let me know. Holy Bible is my favourite album EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Great band live but my only complaint is that their gigs are far too short.
    Should be playing at least 2 hours plus.

I saw them last year and they played for 2 hours.

Suas11 wrote: »
    I saw them last year and they played for 2 hours.

In Dublin ?
    They played for 90 minutes at the Olympia last year
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86653167&postcount=17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

I saw them in Leeds in March and they played for 1 hr 45 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Quality, not quantity is what I like

On the Journal for Plague Lovers gig in 2009 they played 28 songs!! It was an unbelievable gig, I think my favourite of the 6 times I have seen them, still coming to terms with missing out on tickets for this one :(

Peeled Apples
    Jackie Collins Existential Question Time
    Me and Stephen Hawking
    This Joke Sport Severed
    Journal for Plague Lovers
    She Bathed Herself in a Bath of Bleach
    Facing Page: Top Left
    Marlon J.D.
    Doors Closing Slowly
    All Is Vanity
    Pretension/Repulsion
    Virginia State Epileptic Colony
    William's Last Words
    Encore:
    Motorcycle Emptiness
    Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
    No Surface All Feeling
    Sorrow 16
    Tsunami
    La Tristesse Durera (Scream to a Sigh)
    Faster
    If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
    Little Baby Nothing
    Ocean Spray
    You Stole the Sun From My Heart
    Motown Junk (Stop in the Name of Love Intro)
    Autumnsong
    You Love Us
    A Design for Life

On the Journal for Plague Lovers gig in 2009 they played 28 songs!! It was an unbelievable gig, I think my favourite of the 6 times I have seen them, still coming to terms with missing out on tickets for this one :(

Pretty impressive setlist.

They played 38 songs at the O2 in London in 2011.
    All 38 of their singles ,3 hours plus gig and tickets were only £28 !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Peeled Apples
    Jackie Collins Existential Question Time
    Me and Stephen Hawking
    This Joke Sport Severed
    Journal for Plague Lovers
    She Bathed Herself in a Bath of Bleach
    Facing Page: Top Left
    Marlon J.D.
    Doors Closing Slowly
    All Is Vanity
    Pretension/Repulsion
    Virginia State Epileptic Colony
    William's Last Words
    Encore:
    Motorcycle Emptiness
    Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
    No Surface All Feeling
    Sorrow 16
    Tsunami
    La Tristesse Durera (Scream to a Sigh)
    Faster
    If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
    Little Baby Nothing
    Ocean Spray
    You Stole the Sun From My Heart
    Motown Junk (Stop in the Name of Love Intro)
    Autumnsong
    You Love Us
    A Design for Life

Amazing gig, i was seated for it, thought i'd hate it but i'm nearly regretting getting standing for thb gig. At same time the minute yes kicks in the crowd will go mental and i'll either be thanking the gods i chose standing or cursing my aging self!

Never thought i'd get to hear the holy bible live proper, hope they throw in some futurology into the set after it.

We'll probably get '......Bridge', 'Futurology' and 'Europa.....' and a greatest hits collection in the 2nd set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Remember they are only playing as a three piece so when it comes to the potential greatest hits portion of the set, I would wonder if they would still play songs like Design for Life etc. They may be a bit more old skool for that reason with their choices. TBH, I would be happy if the latter portion was full of Futurulogy tunes as it's a great record and I'd fear they mightn't come back to give it it's own show as part of a tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The fact it'll be a 3 piece for the Holy Bible section of the show is one of the best things for me. I've always felt that the Manics performances have gone downhill since the addition of the backup guitarist. Having the keyboardis around was ok although often he ruined songs but since they brought a second guitarist on board James doesn't seem to push himself and so alot of the energy and vigour is gone.

If you compare recent 3 piece gigs like King Tuts, or the Recent Rough Trade show and especially the Journal For Plague Lovers tour (first part) everything else has a hint of 'phoning it in' in comparison.

Just confirmed, second set will be Futurology, B-sides and rarities set. More THB gigs in new year.

B-sides will be unreal

Hoping for Patrick Bateman, Sepia, Sorrow 16, Comfort Comes and Prologue to History.

Covers of Train in Vain and What's My Name aswell :D

Donkeys is the only THB B-side / track recorded in those session so it will no doubt be played.

Donkeys is the only THB B-side / track recorded in those session so it will no doubt be played.

Comfort Comes is the most 'Holy Bibly' sounding b-side they've ever recorded - both musically and lyrically- reckon they'll play that

I'd love to hear Sculpture of a Man live, and maybe throw in Judge Yrself since it was the last thing they recorded before Richie left.

I'd love to hear Sculpture of a Man live, and maybe throw in Judge Yrself since it was the last thing they recorded before Richie left.

good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Have they ever played We Are All Bourgeois Now live? It's one of the best cover versions I've ever heard, the guitars are just f***ing mindblowing. Would love to hear it live.

I'd love if they played Too Cold Here (B-side for Revol) as I think it's really underrated. I don't think the band are too fond of it though.

• Advertisement

Wonder what the walk on music will be

Bet it's Ginsbergs 'Howl'

just got 3 standing tickets for this on ticketmaster.co.uk - limited availability

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

just got 3 standing tickets for this on ticketmaster.co.uk - limited availability

Thanks for the heads up

They seem to be gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Seeing as we're the 3rd show on the tour, if you check Setlist.fm before the show, you should be able to see what they played at their other shows to get an idea of what other non-Holy Bible album songs they'll be playing.

Suas11 wrote: »
    They seem to be gone now.

Ye, sorry to hear that, only seemed to last a few minutes. A friend of a friend works in ticketmaster and he knew I was looking for tickets and he just rang me and said go on to to the ticketmaster UK site for the Dublin gig in two minutes as there will be a limited number of tickets made available, so lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Ye, sorry to hear that, only seemed to last a few minutes. A friend of a friend works in ticketmaster and he knew I was looking for tickets and he just rang me and said go on to to the ticketmaster UK site for the Dublin gig in two minutes as there will be a limited number of tickets made available, so lucky!

Does your friend have any info as to when they decide to do this? How are people supposed to know? Or is it to give TM employees an unfair advantage?

Does your friend have any info as to when they decide to do this? How are people supposed to know? Or is it to give TM employees an unfair advantage?

I have no idea I am afraid, as I say, it was a friend of a friend, never met him in my life.

I suppose it is an unfair advantage for TM employees if they want to pick up tickets though. They are hardly going to announce that there are 13 standing tickets and 5 seating tickets going on sale at a certain time, just throw them up and if some lucky person happens to check the site again they might pick them up. I have literally zero knowledge of how things work there, if I ever meet the lad I will make sure to find out some tips and pass them on!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

TM annoying me ever more. I (like others) did not get the best available as requested when evidently tickets are left. Could be held back for employees or to ensure upper circle etc sells out, either way its poor form at the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Congratulations to everyone who got tickets!

I've just seen that requesting tickets is against the forum rules and subsequently edited my post.

If you catch my drift.

Advertisement