Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible Live - Sat 13th Dec - Olympia Theatre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Weepsie wrote: »
    TM annoying me ever more. I (like others) did not get the best available as requested when evidently tickets are left. Could be held back for employees or to ensure upper circle etc sells out, either way its poor form at the least.

Could well be to sell out upper circel all right. You can be sure there's a nefarious reason for it, when it's ticketbastard anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Wonder who the support will be?

They toured with Suede and Therapy? on the original THB tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

The general rule with most gigs is that a small percentage of tickets are held back for family, friends, etc of the band, their management, their record company and/or competitions. If these tickets aren't taken up, they're released to the general public and it's usually not announced for reasons that flynner87 pretty much already stated.

So sometimes it pays to keep checking Ticketmaster to see if any tickets are released and you might get lucky. Having said that, I've found it's very rare to see extra tickets released for Olympia gigs. You'd have much better luck with Point gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Wonder who the support will be?

They toured with Suede and Therapy? on the original THB tour

Would be amazing if Therapy? supported them just after they did their 20th year anniversary tours with Troublegum. Not gonna happen alas.

Went to see Helmet a few weeks back doing 20th Anniversary of "betty" and was amazing pity only Page left in the band but that album was also so ahead of its time. Gonna go see them in Brussels again in few weeks

JJ72 for old skool ****s and giggles would be decent support!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

JJ72 for old skool ****s and giggles would be decent support!

and i'd almost suppresed that woeful smithfield memory...damn you!

and i'd almost suppresed that woeful smithfield memory...damn you!

I loved that Smithfield gig! Amazing weekend, the whole Green Energy buzz was class

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

I got a BRAINDEAD MOTHER****ER T-Shirt at that Smithfield gig that I still have, what, 13 years later!
    Loved that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Weepsie wrote: »
    TM annoying me ever more. I (like others) did not get the best available as requested when evidently tickets are left. Could be held back for employees or to ensure upper circle etc sells out, either way its poor form at the least.

It can depend on how many you try to book for. If there are 4 seats in the front row and you are booking for 3 people, it won't leave the spare seat on it's own since it would mean either dividing another customer ordering multiple tickets, or hoping someone buys a lone seated ticket. Systems like this try and avoid lone seats. So if the rest of the rows don't suit your needs either, the system tries to find the best place for the 3 of you that doesn't mess with other sales. So you could get the front, but could easily end up with crap seats at the back because of how many tickets you're ordering.

This may not apply to your situation either but it's some insight that I've come to understand. Also, the band sometimes reserves seats which if they don't fill by a certain point near the date go on sale. It happened with the XX's sold out shows in the Olympia. I went from having Upper circle to getting front row Circle on the day of or before the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Can also depend on how many have been pre allocated for viagogo and the other scalping sites.

re the smithfield gig, it was JJ72 i found woeful, manics were great apart from Wattsville Blues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

your wan Hillary though.............!

JJ72 had played the same 10/11 songs to death by the time they played Smithfield and looked like they couldn't give a to$$ at that stage playing them. They toured those same few songs for way too long and should have been off sooner getting the second album ready. I think they might have played Formulae at that gig, it was brand new at the time.

I remember the crowds being tight together and a lot of swaying and a big communal fall during both bands. I did not enjoy that, made me feel ill.

Yeah the JJ72 setlist became so predictable

Long Way South
    Snow
    Formulae
    Undercover Angel
    Improv
    Algeria
    Oxygen
    Bumble Bee

Usually in that sort've order

bellinter wrote: »
    your wan Hillary though.............!

Whatever happened to her?

Definite indie pin up of my formative years :D

Whatever happened to her?

Definite indie pin up of my formative years :D

she released an EP last year under the name The River Cry, but now goes under her own name and played a few gigs in Smock Alley recently during the Fringe fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

she released an EP last year under the name The River Cry, but now goes under her own name and played a few gigs in Smock Alley recently during the Fringe fest.

Her new EP is pretty good. You can get it on Bandcamp:

https://hilarywoodsmusic.bandcamp.com/album/night

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭smokie72

I thought this was a manic street preachers thread about the the holy bible 20th anniversary tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus, I thought tickets would be easy enough to get for this.

Very surprised when Ticketmaster said none available last night!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, DAMN

Pre-Christmas family get together with the OH's family has been scheduled for...December 13th. TYPICAL.

FML :(

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, DAMN

Pre-Christmas family get together with the OH's family has been scheduled for...December 13th. TYPICAL.

FML :(

Ouch.

Tell them you can't come, then play the album for them. They'll understand.

• Advertisement

Any word on suppport yet?

Any word on suppport yet?

Rumours of Public Service Broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Thats who supported them in Luxembourg a few months ago but missed their set

Who are they when they're at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Who are they when they're at home?
    They are a kind of an electro band who use overdubs of old wartime voiceover clips.

e ...g...

They are a kind of an electro band who use overdubs of old wartime voiceover clips.

e ...g...

cheers for that

I have a standing ticket and no mates to go with!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I have a standing ticket and no mates to go with!

and your problem is??

The first point there (you have a standing ticket) FAR outweighs the second point

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ooh, I actually wanted to see them last time they played here but missed it for various reasons, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    and your problem is??

The first point there (you have a standing ticket) FAR outweighs the second point

Want to buy it?

Advertisement