Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible Live - Sat 13th Dec - Olympia Theatre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

I have a standing ticket and no mates to go with!

Go register on the Forever Delayed forum - we're having a pre gig Dublin piss up around Dame St!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Want to buy it?

If you're selling, I'll buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Tickets arrived in the post today....cannot wait for this gig

As they've said the 2nd part of the show will be covers, b-sides and rarities, I wonder what they'll play?

Hoping for Sepia, Prologue to History, Parick Bateman and Comfort Comes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

As they've said the 2nd part of the show will be covers, b-sides and rarities, I wonder what they'll play?

Hoping for Sepia, Prologue to History, Parick Bateman and Comfort Comes

On the B-side to She is Suffering there was live covers of Suede's The Drowners and Rod Stewart's Stay with Me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Ooh, I actually wanted to see them last time they played here but missed it for various reasons, fingers crossed.
    Slightly off topic but Public Service Broadcasting are playing a show in the Button Factory next year 5th may 2015 .. :)

http://publicservicebroadcasting.net/

Go register on the Forever Delayed forum - we're having a pre gig Dublin piss up around Dame St!

Teeheehee, I got banned off that forum 10 years ago, really doubt they'll have me back!

ETA, I was acting the cnut though! I deserved my ban :)

Teeheehee, I got banned off that forum 10 years ago, really doubt they'll have me back!

ETA, I was acting the cnut though! I deserved my ban :)

Yeah I've been banned a few times! They're not as uppity anymore though! :D

Some friends are organising a "Manics disco" after the gig, they don't have a venue yet. Will post when they let me know, they have me designing posters with no feckin information to put on them!

I don't always see their plans come to fruition though. Fingers crossed.

Some friends are organising a "Manics disco" after the gig, they don't have a venue yet. Will post when they let me know, they have me designing posters with no feckin information to put on them!

I don't always see their plans come to fruition though. Fingers crossed.

Ohhhh I'd like to help with this! Any idea where? I know quite a few Dublin based Manics fans, 30 or so, so Im sure theyd go aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Manic Street Preachers have revealed more details about their upcoming 20th anniversary shows for The Holy Bible - announcing that they'll play two shows each night, and will have DJs instead of a support act.

As previously reported, the the band's first set will be the 1994 album The Holy Bible performed in full - starting 'promptly' at 8.45pm each night. Then, after a ten-minute break, the band will play a second set featuring songs from their excellent 2014 LP Futurology as well as "curios and a handful of classic hits".

Apparently Dublin is getting Andrew Wetherall or Erol Alkin

Apparently Dublin is getting Andrew Wetherall or Erol Alkin

Where is the pre sesh planned?

Pre sesh in The Foggy Dew anyone?

Yeah aint lived in Dublin for over 10yrs but the foggy was always my fav before Olympia gigs - a mate mentioned Sweeney's is that any use?

Foggy Dew good tunes and booze was always good.

Yeah aint lived in Dublin for over 10yrs but the foggy was always my fav before Olympia gigs - a mate mentioned Sweeney's is that any use?

Foggy Dew good tunes and booze was always good.

Sweeneys is actually a better shout - the women are better looking and the drink is cheaper :D

Sweeneys is actually a better shout - the women are better looking and the drink is cheaper :D

How about the tunes?? Dont forget the tunes.

But you had me at women anyway!!

How about the tunes?? Dont forget the tunes.

But you had me at women anyway!!

Bluesy Rockabilly Garage Rock :)

Bluesy Rockabilly Garage Rock :)

Sounds good to me , do they serve Erdinger?

Sounds good to me , do they serve Erdinger?

Think so

There's a lot of craft stuff too, and deadly on street smoking area at the back of dame lane

• Advertisement

Think so

There's a lot of craft stuff too, and deadly on street smoking area at the back of dame lane

Sweet will defo be heading there then...

Ohhhh I'd like to help with this! Any idea where? I know quite a few Dublin based Manics fans, 30 or so, so Im sure theyd go aswell!

No further details yet... don't hold your breath is all I'll say. Be pretty awesome if they get it together!
    Might come out to Sweeneys for a while.

5 days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Had a bit of a panic earlier, tore apart bedroom looking for the tickets, then realised like a f'n goon that i needed to print the sodding things out. ffs, i am an idiot.

Not bothered to check the setlist last night as I don't want to ruin it for Saturday but read they played a 10 song greatest hits set after THB set

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Not bothered to check the setlist last night as I don't want to ruin it for Saturday but read they played a 10 song greatest hits set after THB set

I looked at the setlist, looks amazing, we are in for a treat :D:D:D

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I looked at the setlist, looks amazing, we are in for a treat :D:D:D

Really?

Apart from THB set I heard the 2nd half was just Manics by numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Really?

Apart from THB set I heard the 2nd half was just Manics by numbers?

Looks great to me, maybe I am a simple man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

5* review in the Guardian, contains spoilers of second half in last paragraph.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/dec/09/manic-street-preachers-review

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Some songs from Glasgow up on youtube, good enough quality:

Can't wait now!:D

Advertisement