Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible Live - Sat 13th Dec - Olympia Theatre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Planning to drive up to Dublin for this gig on Saturday.

Will traffic + parking near Stephens Green/Drury St be mental on Saturday (Christmas shopping etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

rok wrote: »

Will traffic + parking near Stephens Green/Drury St be mental on Saturday (Christmas shopping etc)?

Royal college of Surgeons Carpark is usually a good spot for gig parking...relatively quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

rok wrote: »

Yes. Where are you driving from? Could you use the Red Cow park and ride? Luas in and out.
    Royal college of Surgeons Carpark is usually a good spot for gig parking...relatively quiet.

Not at this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Absolutely BUZZING for this

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Birneybau wrote: »
    Yes. Where are you driving from? Could you use the Red Cow park and ride? Luas in and out.

Not at this time of year.

Thanks, a friend suggested Red Cow idea also.

We're driving from Limerick and staying in a hotel near Drury st on Saturday night.
    Really don't want the hassle of traffic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭davidrowe

If you don't mind a bit more of a walk, the car-park on Marlborough St (at the Parnell St end) is always a good bet...

Hopefully decent Bible merch on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Quick question re seating tickets in the Olympia - i got 4 standing and 2 seating tickets for Saturdays gig.

Is it easy in the Olympia to get from seating area to the floor?? Seating tickets are almost front of circle so assume would be easy pass over standing stubs. Not been to gigs in Ireland for years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Quick question re seating tickets in the Olympia - i got 4 standing and 2 seating tickets for Saturdays gig.

Is it easy in the Olympia to get from seating area to the floor?? Seating tickets are almost front of circle so assume would be easy pass over standing stubs. Not been to gigs in Ireland for years

Usually different entrances for sitting and standing

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Usually different entrances for sitting and standing

Yeah was thinking it was like that as it all changed post that pumpkins gig in the Point.

• Advertisement

Hopefully decent Bible merch on sale

Pics from Glasgow that were posted online

B4WvEnsIcAAzFzf.jpg
    0NviIRx.png

Looks like it's pretty expensive.:eek:

Pics from Glasgow that were posted online

B4WvEnsIcAAzFzf.jpg
    0NviIRx.png

Looks like it's pretty expensive.:eek:

They look CLASS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

They're on different floors

Shame they don't have the CCCP beanies any more

Would LOVE the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Emptiness tee

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭davidrowe

I can't afford to attend this show but would love to as it (The Holy Bible) is my favourite Manics album. It's nice to feel enthusiastic about them again as I've been gradually losing interest over the last few albums...

davidrowe wrote: »
    I can't afford to attend this show but would love to as it (The Holy Bible) is my favourite Manics album. It's nice to feel enthusiastic about them again as I've been gradually losing interest over the last few albums...

That sucks dude :(

No way to blag a ticket at all?

My friend is posting photos from Manchester! Not even tempted to check out a setlist. Suspense is building :D

PS my mate's "Manics disco" is no-go, they didn't secure a venue in time. I knew they wouldn't. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Any idea on the times for tomorrow night? Last time I was standing in the Olympia, I cant recall a "pit"/wristband area - presume it'll just be first come first serve to get near the front?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

BPKS wrote: »
    Any idea on the times for tomorrow night? Last time I was standing in the Olympia, I cant recall a "pit"/wristband area - presume it'll just be first come first serve to get near the front?

From their twitter:
    "Reminder for anyone coming to Manchester, Dublin and London shows - The Holy Bible 8.45 followed by a ten minute breather then set two..."

• Advertisement

I'm gonna be so outrageously ratarsed at this gig- its gonna be awesome!

Are any of us meeting in Sweeneys first?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tickets back on sale at Ticketmaster ,just picked up 2 standing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Tickets back on sale at Ticketmaster ,just picked up 2 standing :)

Nice one for posting this, Mister Anarchy. Got 2 myself there! Really wasn't looking forward to the hassle of trying to get one outside the door tomorrow!

Too late!

Hey!! NO. They're only selling in pairs!! Don't give up people!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Can't wait for tonight. It's gonna be amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 unimpressed alf

Hey everyone, my wife is too poorly to go tonight so I have a spare ticket for sale. Its seated on row J of the circle, face value is €50

Let me know if you're interested - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Can't wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Hit and miss venue when you have a seating ticket in terms of getting down to the standing floor, fingers crossed

buzzing for it and well impressed at the set lists to date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Managed to only get a single ticket to this so it's the first time I've ever gone to a gig on my own.

For those interested, they had the "tickets available" sign illuminated at the Box Office as I was coming in

Advertisement