Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible Live - Sat 13th Dec - Olympia Theatre

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Hazleton Avenue, Don't be Evil, A Million Balconies Facing the Sun, Some Kind of Nothingness......... Do you want me to go on?

Know Your Enemy was universally derided by music critics- NME, Q, Mojo destroyed it.

PFAYM was a solid 7/10 everywhere you read and it's songs get a better reception live than anything on KYE

Posted this about PFAYM 4 years ago and my criticisms still stand with an addition being "I think I found it" ripping off Sheryl Crow .
    Wow, what a disappointment of an album. I'm a huge manics fan but i can't get away from the fact it's just pure and utter shíte and that's before mentioning:

- Hazleton avenue ripping off it ain't over till it's over and she's in fashion
    - All we make is entertainment ripping off 'Badlands'

and that muck of a single (its not war) sampling Chic/steps.

There was more too

Know Your Enemy is ten times the album PFAYM was and has some great songs on it,sure it has some duds but it still has more quality than PFAYM by a long stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Hazleton Avenue, Don't be Evil, A Million Balconies Facing the Sun, Some Kind of Nothingness......... Do you want me to go on?

Know Your Enemy was universally derided by music critics- NME, Q, Mojo destroyed it.

PFAYM was a solid 7/10 everywhere you read and it's songs get a better reception live than anything on KYE

I don't think critics or awards really mean anything at all. Personally, I think PFAYM is their worst album as I find it to be extremely bland and boring, especially since it followed Journal For Plague Lovers.

Suas11 wrote: »
    I don't think critics or awards really mean anything at all. Personally, I think PFAYM is their worst album as I find it to be extremely bland and boring, especially since it followed Journal For Plague Lovers.

Smacked of Sony wanted an album, so they gave them an album, to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Posted this about PFAYM 4 years ago and my criticisms still stand with an addition being "I think I found it" ripping off Sheryl Crow .

There was more too

Know Your Enemy is ten times the album PFAYM was and has some great songs on it,sure it has some duds but it still has more quality than PFAYM by a long stretch.

The band themselves as well as critics universally derided KYE.

'It's not war' works brilliantly live, as does the title track

Opinions are like arseholes though. Everyones got one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

NME didn't quite tear KYE apart, giving it a 7/10. Same with Lifeblood, it got good reviews in most magazines and papers but afterwards the band ripped it to shreds as did reviewers. It's funny how people forget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

NME didn't quite tear KYE apart, giving it a 7/10. Same with Lifeblood, it got good reviews in most magazines and papers but afterwards the band ripped it to shreds as did reviewers. It's funny how people forget.

Both albums 57 and 66 on Metacritic respectively. Bang average reviews - critics go their claws into them long before the band ever did

Advertisement