Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 10km. 11 October 14

Options
  • 23-09-2014 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭

11 am on Sat 11 October..
    Entry is at active.com and precision timing.
    Have to enter before Friday if u want the tee shirt option....

(Cant find the other thread I started )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Also small logo at back of neck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Thinking of giving this a go. I presume it's 2 laps of the forest trails? If so does anybody know what condition under foot are like and weather it would be considered a fast course?

sideswipe wrote: »
    Thinking of giving this a go. I presume it's 2 laps of the forest trails? If so does anybody know what condition under foot are like and weather it would be considered a fast course?
    Its 1 and a bit laps ,starts outside the the forest with 2 k on road,and rest on forestry fire road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Its 1 and a bit laps ,starts outside the the forest with 2 k on road,and rest on forestry fire road

Cheers UM1, sure I'll give it a lash. Is the cafe still open? Thinking of dragging the rest of the clan along and I've hinted at the prospect of hot chocolate!!

ps congrats on the Spartathlon, savage stuff.

• Advertisement

sideswipe wrote: »
    Cheers UM1, sure I'll give it a lash. Is the cafe still open? Thinking of dragging the rest of the clan along and I've hinted at the prospect of hot chocolate!!

ps congrats on the Spartathlon, savage stuff.
    Cheers....cafe open at 10.....tea and coffee and sambos back a the gas club aswrll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I presume there's parking for this Ultraman1? I've just signed up but didn't notice anything about parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I presume there's parking for this Ultraman1? I've just signed up but didn't notice anything about parking.

parking at the GAA club (or was back in 2011 anyway)

RayCun wrote: »
    parking at the GAA club (or was back in 2011 anyway)
    Free parking at st kevins gaa club where u register
    DONT PARK IN FOREST

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Killmurf

Was going to run the Teachers CC tomorrow, but this may suit better as its just up the road from me. Only heard about the race yesterday, and online entries are closed. Can anyone confirm if there are on the day entries available? If not, its back the Cross Country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭Trampas

Killmurf wrote: »
    Was going to run the Teachers CC tomorrow, but this may suit better as its just up the road from me. Only heard about the race yesterday, and online entries are closed. Can anyone confirm if there are on the day entries available? If not, its back the Cross Country!

Enter on the day in St Kevin's GAA.

Trampas wrote: »
    Enter on the day in St Kevin's GAA.
    Please be early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Well done everyone in involved in this race. A really well run event, nice scenery and the sandwiches were great at the end. The beautiful weather today didn't hurt of course.

Happy enough with my own time. Didn't break any records but I just wanted to get out there as I've had a really annoying year in terms of injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Killmurf

Glad I decided to do this instead of the Cross Country! Very well organised event - well done to Donedea AC - and great weather for it too. Well done to Barry (Bazman) and Sarah for their wins. Happy to break 40 minutes myself (39m 33s) - first time in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Great race,like this one through the forest trails,lovely this time of year and especially in the autumn sun this morning 😃. Only seen it was on last minute last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Think its my third or fourth time doing this event and still one of the best 10k races around. Well run event by all in Donadea and a lovely course.

I was shocked in a good way how they had put markings on the road for sub 40, sub 45 etc and crazily people slotted into the right sections as they were no crazy bunching at the start. Other races could copy this idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sharkey47

Thanks to all in Donadea for today's run. Very friendly and great support. A nice way to spend a morning.

Advertisement