Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use these online shops

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

thewolf_ie wrote: »
    Has anyone used these American stores http://www.citysports.com/stores.aspx?store_info=Rockefeller_Center

Kinvara 5 work out as roughly €70 will I get hit with tax when it reaches customs?

WolfMan - I've just ordered 2 more pairs of the Kinvara 5. I got mine from Millet Sports. I can't remember the exact price but worth checking out. If you haven't tried the Kinvara 5, you're in for a treat. My first time in Saucony and at first I thought I was gonna get injured: my peroneals went mental when I first ran in them. But now, I'm thinking of ordering 20 pairs to keep me going over the next few years. They wear well too. I've got over 500 miles on my current pair and they're like new. Jake mentioned that your feet work hard in them- that's true but you defo benefit after a few weeks. Also, Jake headed the trial for the users and I know a good few of the other lads that trialed them: all the reports were good and that's why I moved from the Nike Flyknits, which were decent too. But the Kinvara 5's are the dogs.

Edit: Oh, and to answer your question, I don't know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Stazza wrote: »
    WolfMan - I've just ordered 2 more pairs of the Kinvara 5. I got mine from Millet Sports. I can't remember the exact price but worth checking out. If you haven't tried the Kinvara 5, you're in for a treat. My first time in Saucony and at first I thought I was gonna get injured: my peroneals went mental when I first ran in them. But now, I'm thinking of ordering 20 pairs to keep me going over the next few years. They wear well too. I've got over 500 miles on my current pair and they're like new. Jake mentioned that your feet work hard in them- that's true but you defo benefit after a few weeks. Also, Jake headed the trial for the users and I know a good few of the other lads that trialed them: all the reports were good and that's why I moved from the Nike Flyknits, which were decent too. But the Kinvara 5's are the dogs.

I've ordered the 5's and have already been in the 4's and 3's for ever! I did remember Jake saying on your log that going from the 4 to 5 is nice! I got one pair on a nice deal but will be looking for more if I like them which I would imagine I will.

Free delivery from here - http://www.sportsshoes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

will I get hit with tax when it reaches customs?

Goods with a customs value in excess of €150 imported from outside the EU are liable to customs duty. Customs value is deemed to be the cost of the goods plus insurance & freight (CIF). Currently customs duty on adult footwear is 17%. VAT at 23% would be liable on top of this.
    Goods imported from outside the EU with a customs value in excess of €22 are liable to VAT of 23%.
    Also be aware the carrier of the goods will impose a charge for completing your Customs formalities - An Post currently charge €6 with other courier companies charging around €10/€15.
    So a pair of runners costing €70 is not liable to any customs duty but is liable to VAT (€16.10) plus the customs clearance fee. If ordering multiple pairs consider that if they are consigned together & the CIF value is in excess of €150 there'll be a hefty bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Has anyone used these American stores http://www.citysports.com/stores.aspx?store_info=Rockefeller_Center

Kinvara 5 work out as roughly €70 will I get hit with tax when it reaches customs?

Use this http://www.dutycalculator.com/ to find out the cost of landed goods. Assuming they will ship to Ireland in the first place you could expect to pay €20-30 and upwards for shipping first.

Advertisement