Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 2

Options
  • 23-09-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone played demo? Any thoughts on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Not bothered with the demo but the quality of the games has me insta buying it anyway.

Watched a few streams looks amazing, the freedom, the views, the sounds, just cant wait to get my hands on the game. I'm tier six on Forza so lots of free cars straight away when I boot up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭Corvo

I never buy racing games but played this demo and loved it. Will be a likely purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This actually makes me want to buy Xbox one. Was thinking a few weeks about it now. I see hows money situation and maybe ill reward myself with xbox one and Forza horizon 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This actually makes me want to buy Xbox one. Was thinking a few weeks about it now. I see hows money situation and maybe ill reward myself with xbox one and Forza horizon 2.

Theres been another price drop in the UK, it might follow on here, check the bargain alert section of the xbox forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Future1

graphics are very good, not a big fan of open world games but ill pick this up just because im such a big fan of forza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'll be getting an XB1 for Horizon 2 soon, the Forza games have always been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I must be the only one that wasn't impressed by the demo!

It looks and sounds brilliant but I wasn't a fan of the 2 races available in the demo, the cross country one and the circuit one. Felt they were very simplified, not much variation to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The lack of a thread or talk here had me worried this only looked good to me but glad others are excited about it too, waiting on bundle tomorrow night for Xbox One and FIFA 15 so think this will be my second game :)

getting v good reviews, ign and eurogamer gave it a 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It's great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Wasn't that overwhelmed with the demo tbh

It looks really great and makes me want to bend over and buy xbox one just for Horizon. One thing that really disappoints me though. 30fps in a racing game is really bad! :(

It looks really great and makes me want to bend over and buy xbox one just for Horizon. One thing that really disappoints me though. 30fps in a racing game is really bad! :(

dont mind the number, it looks and drives great

Future1 wrote: »
    dont mind the number, it looks and drives great

I am not a snob for Fps, but I hate 30fps in driving games! Fps is really important in driving games.

I am not a snob for Fps, but I hate 30fps in driving games! Fps is really important in driving games.

Is there any driving games on next gen that are 60fps?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Is there any driving games on next gen that are 60fps?

Forza 5

Furp wrote: »
    Forza 5

Jesus i have Forza 5 and i forgot all about that.Weird alright that this couldn't hit it or maybe because of the free roam aspect to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Jesus i have Forza 5 and i forgot all about that.Weird alright that this couldn't hit it or maybe because of the free roam aspect to it.

I say it was the weather effects and lighting effects for night time driving.

A steady framerate is all I care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm looking forward to playing this in a weeks time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Downloaded the US digital version, hopefully it unlocks some stage today..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Horizon is graphically and technically a lot more advanced than forza 5. Forza 5 had cardboard cut outs as crowds so tells you all you need to know. I imagine that's the reason why it's at 30fps as opposed to 60fps for forza 5. Horizon is a beautiful looking game and is much more demanding given it's open world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

This coming out on pc?

rubbish forza 5 looks amazing, I play it everyday and havent noticed any carboard crowds

This coming out on pc?

Nope

Future1 wrote: »
    rubbish forza 5 looks amazing, I play it everyday and havent noticed any carboard crowds

Honestly though, who cares if the crowd is cardboard. If you're watching that while playing you're doing it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

The review is up over on TheEffect http://www.theeffect.net/2014/09/30/forza-horizon-2-review/

(Spoiler, I wrote it)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

any idea who will be cheapest? i see gamestop are going with the universal 69.99 , amazon £41, play.com 57.51 wowhd 45.59

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

peteeeed wrote: »
    any idea who will be cheapest? i see gamestop are going with the universal 69.99 , amazon £41, play.com 57.51 wowhd 45.59

Smyths have it at €54.99 for the XBOX ONE and €44.99 for the XBOX 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Anyone buying from Xbox Store? The Xbox One has three versions

Forza Horizon 2 Day One Edition - €69.99

This edition includes the full game of Forza Horizon 2, along with the Day One Car Pack. The Day One car Pack features three amazing cars: the 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, and the 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG.

Forza Horizon 2 Day One Deluxe Edition - €89.99

This edition includes the full version of Forza Horizon 2, the Day One Car Pack, and VIP membership. The Day One car Pack features three cars: the 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, and the 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG. VIP membership gets you access to exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the five-car VIP Car pack (2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO), 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition.

Forza Horizon 2 Day One Ultimate Edition - 109.49

This edition includes the full version of Forza Horizon 2, the Day One Car Pack, VIP membership, and the Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass. The Day One car Pack features three cars: the 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, and the 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG. VIP membership gets you access to exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the five-car VIP Car pack(2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO), 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition. The Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass gets you access to six monthly pack add-ons (5 cars each). Plus, Car Pass owners will receive an exclusive bonus car for free, the 2010 Noble M600. That’s 31 cars to collect, race, and customize in Forza Horizon 2!

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    Anyone buying from Xbox Store? The Xbox One has three versions

Forza Horizon 2 Day One Edition - €69.99

This edition includes the full game of Forza Horizon 2, along with the Day One Car Pack. The Day One car Pack features three amazing cars: the 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, and the 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG.

Forza Horizon 2 Day One Deluxe Edition - €89.99

This edition includes the full version of Forza Horizon 2, the Day One Car Pack, and VIP membership. The Day One car Pack features three cars: the 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, and the 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG. VIP membership gets you access to exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the five-car VIP Car pack (2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO), 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition.

Forza Horizon 2 Day One Ultimate Edition - 109.49

This edition includes the full version of Forza Horizon 2, the Day One Car Pack, VIP membership, and the Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass. The Day One car Pack features three cars: the 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, and the 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG. VIP membership gets you access to exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the five-car VIP Car pack(2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO), 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition. The Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass gets you access to six monthly pack add-ons (5 cars each). Plus, Car Pass owners will receive an exclusive bonus car for free, the 2010 Noble M600. That’s 31 cars to collect, race, and customize in Forza Horizon 2!

This single handedly put me off buying Xbox one again and Forza horizon. So now the bare game 60eu then you got VIP pass and Season pass. **** this. At least they had common sense to take out micro transactions...
    Looks like I will wait when they will have Forza 5 and Horizon 2 Goty editions and then get xbox one.

Advertisement