Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 2

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I think this could end up being a system seller for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

BrookieD wrote: »
    just started playing last night... love it... was playing Drive Club before tne think this is much better just from the freeform approach it takes.

Little photo of my run around
    GetPhoto.ashx?game=fh2&id=2697845&full=true

that looks awesome. I feel guilty having it installed and never played. new years resolution is to get through the backlog, but so so tempted now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Not a bad game but that dude who congratulates you all the time gets tiresome in the first 10 minutes. Pity you can't mute him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Not a bad game but that dude who congratulates you all the time gets tiresome in the first 10 minutes. Pity you can't mute him.

He is ok but the beauty of having kids is you very quickly learn selective hearing ;) - Played my first online road trip last night. finshed 6 from 12 racers but learned you pick up major "CR" & "XP" in racing a clean line. so i bought me a Ford Sierra RS Cosworth and wrapped in in carbon fiber with black alloys... looks amazing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

so i bought me a Ford Sierra RS Cosworth and wrapped in in carbon fiber with black alloys... looks amazing:D

This kind of talk is not good for my wallet. If you switch every difficulty to sim, does the gameplay resemble an actual Forza game or is it still works it quite arcadey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Managed to pop 14 achievements in 5 hours of game-play :cool: I love this game.

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Managed to pop 14 achievements in 5 hours of game-play :cool: I love this game.
    not bad - only manged about an hour today... up to 12 so far.... although having to just say "Anna" and "Next Event" its easy to just motor on in this game... one of the best racers i have played, easy to pick up and get into for a quick blast.

Coming from Drive club i find this the better all round game, will still get Project cars though;)

Xbox live was acting up last night and wouldnt let me play far cry 4 so I said I'd jump into this and give it a whirl.

really enjoying what I'm seeing so far, I didnt even notice the time going and got as far as the second town, theres a great sense of speed and the handling is perfectly balanced between sim and arcade. The only quibble I'd have is that the off road races are almost impossible to play from the drivers seat POV, the vines or whatever the small trees are completely obscure your vision.

It's not shy about handing out the achievements either, I must have gotten between 8 and 10 for 2 hours play.

Hi Guys,
    First, this game is brilliant, just a blast to drive from a to b and race. - barn finds are fun but the 2nd one i am on is a real needle in a haystack.

Quick question, is anyone in a club... was looking for a boards one but did not spot. shout if you are in one and will hop into that.

Cheers

went for a hoon in the Ford Sierra wrapped in gold carbon fiber - donuts ahoy....lol

GetPhoto.ashx?game=fh2&id=2945319&full=true

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,
    First, this game is brilliant, just a blast to drive from a to b and race. - barn finds are fun but the 2nd one i am on is a real needle in a haystack.

Quick question, is anyone in a club... was looking for a boards one but did not spot. shout if you are in one and will hop into that.

Cheers

I only unlocked clubs today. I joined the all Ireland one E32. The game is brilliant, and the big trophy trucks are surprisingly good craic.

The airfield with the long runway and speed-trap at the end of it is a great way to test your vehicles top speed. Would spend quite a bit of time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

To celebrate the launch of Fast &Furious 7, this standalone expansion will be available at no charge for a limited two-week period. Beginning on March 27 and continuing through April 10, 2015, players can download the expansion on Xbox One or Xbox 360 at no charge. After April 10, the expansion will cost $10, but players who downloaded it for free during the two-week window can continue to play without restriction.

So, it's free for everyone in the first 2 weeks, and anyone who downloads it in the first 2 weeks gets to keep it for free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Correct

COYVB wrote: »
    Correct

Good ****. ...and it's a standalone so even people ho don't have Horizon 2 can get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Is this worth getting for single player?
    I never played Horizon 1 but i have all the FM's bar the first and played them a huge amount.

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Is this worth getting for single player?
    I never played Horizon 1 but i have all the FM's bar the first and played them a huge amount.

Personally I like it. But the reviews are positive across the board too:

WORMnu2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Cheers, is there loads to do in single player like FM4 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Not the biggest fan of Fast and Furious but I loved Horizon 2 so I'll be picking this up for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Has anyone played much of the Fast & the Furious DLC yoke? Played the first two races there and it was just like norma FH2.

I'm not complaining of getting free stuff before anyone accuses me of that!:P...I was just wondering if there's any variaton to the missions/location from the original game? If not I think I'll park it (excuse the pun) and come back to it at a later stage.

For anyone who doesn't have FH2 and has any tiny interest in racing games, I'd say def give it a whirl though, especially when it's free. Horizon is by a distance my favourite XOne game I have so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AndThatsAFact

haven't tried it yet is the dlc ready available now , a great game though

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Matthewh00

Downloaded both the 360 and One versions, only played the 360 version so.
    Very similar to Forza Horizon 2, just has its own Fast and Furious twist to it.
    Only downside is it takes about 2 hours to complete the main game. But I didn't mind that with it being free.

Matthewh00 wrote: »
    Only downside is it takes about 2 hours to complete the main game.

The good side to that is it's the easiest 1000g you will get x2 :D

I still have to pop the 'Too Soon Junior' achievement for Fast & Furious. Should be an easy one to get though.

Another thing I love about FH2 is the game clips.

Started playing this again yesterday and I just love the changeable weather conditions in this game :D

Advertisement