Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

End of Life Vehicle (Best option)

Options
  • 23-09-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

I have a ford mondeo estate (weight 1480kgs) and have been offered 100/ton for it from metal recycler, is this pretty much the best I can expect?

Is the metal recycler just interested in the metal and not other non=metal parts?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 self3137

2000 2.0 ltr petrol, needs new rear brake discs. Just not an economical car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

If it's a complete running car just needing brake discs, you'd surely get a few hundred for it on DD, more if it has an NCT

No NCT but less than 3,000 miles since last nct, 118,000 miles in total. Just can't see why someone would spend €710 on road tax, put in new rear brake discs and get an nct, when it is so uneconomical.

I will put it on donedeal as is and see what I get offered, if more than €140 than all well. Not sure I would put money into to put thru nct as might not pass.

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Basil Fawlty

Where are you based? I'm looking for a complete 2.0 mondeo to use as a donor car to my 1990 XR3i

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

End of life vehicle (Best option)?

tumblr_ll5h13Z3my1qb1fzko1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭copey

Scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

self3137 wrote: »
    No NCT but less than 3,000 miles since last nct, 118,000 miles in total. Just can't see why someone would spend €710 on road tax, put in new rear brake discs and get an nct, when it is so uneconomical.

I will put it on donedeal as is and see what I get offered, if more than €140 than all well. Not sure I would put money into to put thru nct as might not pass.

Thanks for the advice.

It could suit someone for export.

Where are you based? I'm looking for a complete 2.0 mondeo to use as a donor car to my 1990 XR3i

I am based in Co.Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Basil Fawlty

Dam that's too far for me at the moment. Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

CiniO wrote: »
    It could suit someone for export.

Export it to eeerr cork lol
    Might as well say owner emigrating

Being serious stick it up on donedeal with full description warts and all will give you best chance for a reasonable cash sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

No need to end of life it if it's still running.

*someone* will pay more than a scrapper for it. Even parts alone are worth a bit.

Dartz wrote: »
    No need to end of life it if it's still running.

*someone* will pay more than a scrapper for it. Even parts alone are worth a bit.

Have it for sale @250, must be of interest to someone at that price but I'd like to have it gone before insurance is up as have to drive it to scrap yard in order to get paid.

It is a shame alright to end its life , its not for me but maybe it is for someone else.

Advertisement