Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice

Options
  • 23-09-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, i'm new to here and looking for advice.

I left Ireland a few years ago for work & i had a credit card/loans with AIB, same as everyone i think.

I have kept up all payments till now and i have missed about 3. This is due to company closing down and been out of work.
    I have to prioritize the money i have left here to pay rent/bills etc, i'm using what savings i have till i get another job.

I wrote to AIB and explained this & i will put payments back on track once i get into work, hopefully 6 to 8 weeks but i have heard nothing from them.

My questions are -

Will missing payments in Ireland effect my UK credit?
    Can they contact my bank in UK & tell them?
    Will they send collectors after me?

I am not trying to get out of debt & will repay but i'm afraid it will get me in trouble here too.
    I have done my best to try pay everyone since i lost my job in Ireland those few years ago.
    But for the next while i just dont have it.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement