Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student - Home Ec in St Angela's Sligo

Options
  • 23-09-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there, I would like to apply to St. Angela's to study Home Economics. Ever since first year in secondary school it was all I ever wanted to do however after 6th year I was not in a position to move from Dublin to Sligo . A few years later it became a possibility and so I had to wait until I was 23, which I turn next month. During my 4 years i have worked in retail and in the banking sector, I have no experience in teaching, working with children and I have not completed any course relating to Home Economics. I am also about 20points off the required cut off point. I am aware that I have to apply through the CAO however when emailing the college they advised me to note my relevant work experience and courses completed, as I have neither I am fearing I'm wasting my time applying as they will never consider my application as there are very few, 1 or 2 places set aside for mature applicants.

I was just wondering if anyone is or has been in the same boat? Has anyone any advice regarding courses and work experience that I may require. I am running out of time as appication close date is 01/02/15 and I will not have enough time to complete a course or take part in work exp. If I have to put it off for another year I will but I want to be sure that I am doing everything possible to increase my chances of being a succesful applicant. I would really appreciate if anyone could share any advice or opinions on this, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LISA MARIE

Hi, I was just going through old threads and seen this post and wondered how you got on applying as a nature student? I'm thinking of doing the same next year so any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Advertisement