Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on Naas Secondary Schools

Options
  • 23-09-2014 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I can't believe I've reached the stage of stressing about secondary schools, as it seems I only filled out the primary school forms yesterday, but decisions are now staring us in the face with open days looming.

I'm quite confused already as I hear rumours (both good and bad) about our main choices, but most of these are from people who do not have children in either of the schools yet!

I thought I'd try here for some honest feedback, as it seems to be an emotive issue for some people and a best avoided topic, much like politics and religion! :-)

So, if anyone has anything to say about Gael Choláiste Chill Dara and Piper's Hill College, I'd love to hear from you. I'm particularly interested in attitudes to bullying, overall atmosphere and ease of progression from Primary to Secondary, but obviously results and teaching quality are important.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

All I can say is St. Mary's College is a superb school based on performances of their students and the lack of bad behaviour.
    I do appreciate it is a Catholic School so won't suit all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

My 13yr old has just gone into 2nd yr in Pipers Hill
    I cant get him out the door quick enough in the morning, he loves going to school there and has no complaints
    The principal runs a tight ship there and any incidents or rumours of bullying I heard about were swiftly dealt with
    I'll be sending my next boy there next year with no hesitations
    He transitioned really well from Scoil Bhride as they are both mixed schools
    His results are really good, in fact he has improved in maths & science since going in there which he always slightly struggled on
    I guess the only issue with the school is location from us, he needs to get a bus to/from every day, but most pupils going there are using buses and he finds this part of the day very enjoyable as its another social aspect to meeting people and travelling in with them
    If I can be of any help, PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Thanks so much for the replies! Lots to think about.

Advertisement