Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Potable Water in Irish Airports?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

What bottled water available in Ireland comes from the tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What bottled water available in Ireland comes from the tap?

Pretty much all unbranded stuff for starters. Only "natural mineral water" and "spring water" are protected terms. Nearly everything else is tap water bottled - meaning the people who buy vast quantities in Lidl/Aldi to avoid using tap water are wasting cash.

http://www.fsai.ie/faq/bottled_water.html - note how extremely short the list of Irish ones is. Obviously we get foreign product (Evian, Volvic etc) here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Any water that doesn't specifically say "spring" or "mineral" is tap water from what I've heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

liq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Coca-Cola's Deep River Rock is a particularly cheeky example of branding, flying close to the edge.

"Pure still water from deep underground".

Yes, indeed... just like Belfast's tap water!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

MYOB wrote: »
    Pretty much all unbranded stuff for starters. Only "natural mineral water" and "spring water" are protected terms. Nearly everything else is tap water bottled - meaning the people who buy vast quantities in Lidl/Aldi to avoid using tap water are wasting cash.

http://www.fsai.ie/faq/bottled_water.html - note how extremely short the list of Irish ones is. Obviously we get foreign product (Evian, Volvic etc) here too.

Your post is rubbish. I regularly buy water in Aldi and I know that it comes from one of the four on the list. Same people also supply Lidl as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

2 stroke wrote: »
    Your post is rubbish. I regularly buy water in Aldi and I know that it comes from one of the four on the list. Same people also supply Lidl as far as I know.

Erm. No, no its not.

There are multiple types of bottled water sold in Lidl/Aldi for starters.

If it doesn't use the protected terms its absolutely and utterly tap water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Can we take this to the bottled tap water forum?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

And with those recent 2 posts we can see that this thread has run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement