Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness

Options
  • 23-09-2014 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Heading to Australia for a wedding Soon, my mate has asked me to bring him 8 cans of Guinness (500ml) is this aloud to be brought into Australia ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

You can buy cans of Guinness here, brewed in Dublin. If he says the Guinness doesn't travel well, you can tell him it will be travelling several thousand KM's on a plane with you so there is no difference. So much hassle for 8 cans of Guinness.

You can bring it in your checked luggage if you don't mind risking having 8 cans of Guinness possibly breaking open and leaking over everything you own.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Hi All,

Heading to Australia for a wedding Soon, my mate has asked me to bring him 8 cans of Guinness (500ml) is this aloud to be brought into Australia ?
    No. Your allowance is 2.25 litres of alcoholic beverages of all kinds.

If you do bring him cans of Guinness, note that you can't bring them as hand luggage - airlines are shirty about bringing fluids into the cabin. They'll have to go as checked baggage. Make sure they are wrapped in something absorbent, surrounded by something waterproof, in case they leak when depressurized. Also note that 2.25 litres of canned beer weighs about 2.3 kilos, which comes out of your baggage allowance.

Note that you can buy 440 ml cans of Guinness in Australia. He's asking you to go to a lot of bother to get him cans of the size he wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Thanks lads think I might just forget it - and go with going to the bottle shop when I get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Thanks lads think I might just forget it - and go with going to the bottle shop when I get there.

Buy them in the bottle shop when you get here, tell your friend they're all the way from Ireland and ask him does he think they taste much better than the Guinness he gets here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

my mate has asked me to bring him 8 cans of Guinness ... into Australia ?
    why bother? ever since they started brewing in SA, the quality from the tap is pretty good (in places where it's not sitting in the pipes..)

• Advertisement

Buy them in the bottle shop when you get here, tell your friend they're all the way from Ireland and ask him does he think they taste much better than the Guinness he gets here

Thanks that's a good idea only hes picking me up :(

Ahhh spend a few years out there so I know what the Guinness is like, ahhh might bring him a four pack I'm sure that will suffice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Bring him a carton of get fcuked.

Its a ridiculous request to be fair. Guinness out of a can is swill at the best of times. Mediocre Guinness from a tap is still better than Guinness from a can.

Shout him a few pints at Durty's and keep your baggage and duty free allowance for hurleys and Jameson.

Much better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Throw him a few tea bags.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Bring him some proper stout.

beers-oharas-leann-follain-main.png

Haven't tasted that yet - might give that a try!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

You could be extra thoughtful by getting him this :D
    marmiteGuinness.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

catbear wrote: »
    You could be extra thoughtful by getting him this :D
    marmiteGuinness.jpg

ezweb_ne_jp.321

Advertisement